CC AFT on Summit

AFT_LOVER

I'm glad so many feel the same way I do. The aft Waterfall Cafe bar, and the guitar players there, have been one of the highlights of our past 3 Summit cruises. I believe Paul Strowe, who was on his first cruise on our sailing last Sept. 30, was by far the best we've seen. We went to see him at least one a day. My wife and I hate smoke, but find the aft bar, being open to the railing on three sides, very airy and the smoker's don't bother us tpp much there - despite being one of the places where there is sometimes a little cigar smoke.

Our friends who stayed in 9th floor Aft cabins, didn't seem to mind any of the things that bothered you. I will also say that we've found there to always be some engine noise on every ship's aft rooms we've experienced. More motion too - it's one of the trade offs for those great views and balconys. Hard to get around putting the propellers in the back of the ship.

To each their own. Too bad you had such a bad experience, but at least you now know what you like and what you don't. Me - I can't wait for either my fourth trip on the Summit, nor a later trip on it's nearly identical sister ship. And I truly hope that Paul Strowe gets his contract extended through our next cruise, so he'll still be on board.

P-Strowe-Summit-Sep05.jpg

Seems to me that anyone who "researches" as much as MACOP does on any given cruise, would know that Deck 9 Aft, is going to hear chairs scraping, etc. Let's read between the lines here....something else really ticked her off...her little scam was foiled from the start. What comes around, goes around...life just works like that...

Karyn

9201 was the worst! as they pressue wash all the puke, beer, and various other crap down on our balconies & furniture is soaking wet & not usable.

Well quite clearly you or someone is enjoying your balcony as seen from this picture taken from the bridgecam of the Connie whilst you were in Aruba.

summit.jpg

You can see all of the archives by clicking HERE.

I have not gone through all of the pictures from that day, but clearly the line about the balcony not being usable is complete and utter BS.

Well quite clearly you or someone is enjoying your balcony as seen from this picture taken from the bridgecam of the Connie whilst you were in Aruba.

summit.jpg

You can see all of the archives by clicking HERE.

I have not gone through all of the pictures from that day, but clearly the line about the balcony not being usable is complete and utter BS.

I think you can see her out there but no blue light. Thanks Flagger.

What a great picture of SUMMIT:D I can see my cabin, I can

see my cabin!:)

9160....right below the Aft Bar! Never had a problem with noise,

smells, cabin, anything! I think I must have been on a totally different

ship! Our cruise in October was fantastic. As for CD's...I guess we

all have different definitions of boring:confused: In my opinion, he was

wonderful! Definitely not boring.

Larry and Sue, I totally agree with you. Our group from these

boards were actually upset because Paul didn't play a couple of

evenings! We loved sitting outside and singing (trying) LOL to sing

along with him!;)

The Aft Bar was probably my most favorite spot on the ship,

other than the Martini Bar of course!

I would sail SUMMIT again in a heartbeat.

Oh I just saw.....that is a photo of Constellation....oh well,

My Cabin on SUMMIT was still aft LOL

Hi Lois.

You were right the first time. That is the Constellation bridge camera taking a picture of Summit's aft.

We were in 9162 for our Alaska cruise and still think of it as OUR cabin. Can't understand why when we aren't in it, someone isn't paying us rent. That's the way it works with our house in North Carolina.

Oh I just saw.....that is a photo of Constellation....oh well,

My Cabin on SUMMIT was still aft LOL

Hey Lois :D

What you are looking at is the aft of Summit from Connie's bridge cam. So, that IS your cabin. :p

I think you can see her out there but no blue light. Thanks Flagger.
Well now Celebrity has photo evidence if she claims that her balcony was unusable. I think I need to forward this picture, this thread to Customer Relations and let them know that if a customer in 9201 on the 14 Day Summit Eastbound Panama Canal cruise complains that her balcony was unable to be used to view these pictures as an unbiased other side of the story.

The camera does not lie.

Just back from my Century cruises and was looking for a little entertainment so I searched 'MACOP' and guess what? She didn't let me down! She's been very busy and on a tear since her return from Summit.

Very interesting stuff since I've cracked the code and can now actually

figure out what she's talking about!

I've been on SEVERAL cruises with John Howell and find him to be warm and funny and very involved with the passengers. I would be surprised if you found much support for her views on him.

Lots of people travel Summit and are on deck 9 aft having a great time (sort of like that picture of the person on her balcony!).

I think Phil has it right on and I tip my hat to him. Great Spoof!

Thanks for the chuckle tonight, MACOP!

So I looked through pictures for the day and I actually saw people using their lounge chairs on their deck 9 cabin. I wonder how that was possible being covered with beer, water and puke??? Anyone else besides me noticed the OP has not posted on this thread since being called out? I noticed the OP has posted on other threads though. What I don't understand is why take the time to post multiple threads and not one review of the horrible trip?!?

Thanks for the laughs!!!

Holy cow!!!

Pukers on a 14 night Panama Canal... on Celebrity?????????????????

Uh huh....

Gee perhaps she's aiming for a free trip to Hawaiil like that guy with the Carnival video presentation!!

Don't like wet deck chairs, jeesh move them underneath the overhang.

Well.. looks like she's po'd at Princess and now Celebrity. Wonder who she's going to set her sights on now (and her little light!!)

This is better than tv!!

Well.. looks like she's po'd at Princess and now Celebrity. Wonder who she's going to set her sights on now (and her little light!!)

This is better than tv!!

I sure hope it's not RCI. Maybe she will go to Carnival, her blue light will fit in great with their neon.

Flagger, great pic!

Greeneg, You haven't been able to read some of the things the OP has said in earlier threads because some of them were pulled. If you did, you'd know her better.

Anita

Anita, my comment was a general one, everyone seems to be grumpy as hell lately.....I'm familiar with a lot of MACOP's posts.

Maybe it's just the season....

Wow Greeneg, I didn't get grumpy here at all :confused: ---looks to me like people are rolling on the floor laughing their butts off at all this ridiculous posting!!!! This is pure entertainment! :D Flagger--GREAT job on the pix! ;)

Archived