service charge.

sailer1234

what is the service charge on norwegian sky? i read somewhere that its 18.99 per day. that seems a bit too high.Could anyone confirm this please?

I hope this helps... correct answer can be found on NCL's website in their FAQ section.

It states:

- For sailings on or after April 1, 2017:

All service charges PAID ONBOARD, regardless of booking date will be charged the NEW price of:

• $16.99 USD per person per day The Haven and Suites; $13.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

Norwegian Sky - $21.99 USD per person per day for Suites; $18.99 USD per person per day for Mini-Suites and below.

Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax

Are service charges across the board for all guests?

All guests 3 years or older.

How do I prepay my service charges?

Contact your travel professional and request that it be added to your cruise reservation. If you have not made final payment this will be included in your final payment amount or if final payment has already been made we will require full payment at the time it is added.

At what point in the booking process can the prepaid charges be added?

They can be added at anytime up to 24 hours prior to sailing.

Why would I prepay my service charges?

The convenience of pre-paying the service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board.

If I cancel my cruise are the service charges refundable?

Yes! The service charges are 100% refundable.

Im new here and I hope this is a valid question. Is the prepaid service charge covering the tips of all who are taking care of my family for the week? Do I have the right to tip on my own or am I going to pay that service charge regardless? thanks for any insight....