Cancelled our 14 day Feb cruise due to Irma

troy510

Hey Budget Queen,

I'm in with you. Do you post these deals on CC when you see them? I look often but sometimes i might miss them. Is there a way to "follow" you. Thanks

BTW- was that $399 w/o any single supplement?

No I don't post them. I suggest you just keep track yourself. I'd suggest making a routine to check daily.

Yes they did late drop the single supplement last year, and actually I think that Dec cruise was a 12 day??? For $399.

It pays to be patient and wait it out. Especially if you need a single supplement drop, these are occurring much later than in the past. Some only days prior. I just got off the Dawn booked 2 days prior then when on the ship, again , booked 2 days prior staying on the ship. These were the bottom fares seen, and could have booked several days prior for higher fares. I am very flexible and like picking up a bargain, BUT it has to be an itinerary I like, I don't cruise just to cruise. Reason why the current Breakaway price dumps would have to pay me to go on. :)

There should be be no criticism of anyone's decision to stay or go on this cruise. Each person should decide how to spend their hard earned money. I'm staying because a warm day on the ocean beats a snowy day in Western NYS. I'd love to go back to the islands that are damaged and spend a few costs to help their recovery, but I also look forward to time reading in the sun on the deck and enjoying my UBP no matter where we go. We have Super Bowl AND Mardi Gras on our cruise. It will all be relaxing, or limin' as they say in the Caribbean. Let's all be Limin', mon, wherever we go.

Sent from my P01M using Forums mobile app

Hi Budget Queen,

Do you only hunt NCL deals or anything out of NY area? is it just NCL that has best price drops? Thanks

It's only NCL that sails out of NYC in the winter. No, I late book pretty much, only, so easy to doing an "October" search when I'm looking.

For me, NCL has been the "winner" by far, since March 2016- I've been on- 3 RCI, 4 Carnival, (all double occupancy) 17 NCL (no single supplements paid with 16 solo trips :) )

If those ports matter to you then it was a very smart thing to do in canceling. St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Tortoal will not be accepting cruise ships for the foreseeable future. It will probably be at least 8 -10 months for St. Thomas, and over a year for the other two. San Juan will be ready sooner, maybe by Christmas. These islands won't be in the "normal" condition for years.

People that suggest that the islands need the money that the cruise ships bring in have certainly not seen or read about teh utter devastation that Irma inflicted on the islands. What the islands need now is food, water, shelter and electricity. It is going to take months to these basics back, and until that happens they are not even going to consider cruise ship passengers.

St Maarten announced will be taking ships in November. That's this year.

Edited by mugtech

No I don't post them. I suggest you just keep track yourself. I'd suggest making a routine to check daily.

Yes they did late drop the single supplement last year, and actually I think that Dec cruise was a 12 day??? For $399.

It pays to be patient and wait it out. Especially if you need a single supplement drop, these are occurring much later than in the past. Some only days prior. I just got off the Dawn booked 2 days prior then when on the ship, again , booked 2 days prior staying on the ship. These were the bottom fares seen, and could have booked several days prior for higher fares. I am very flexible and like picking up a bargain, BUT it has to be an itinerary I like, I don't cruise just to cruise. Reason why the current Breakaway price dumps would have to pay me to go on. :)

Keep in mind those rates will not include the Free at Sea promo - normally they are last minute rates with out any promotions!