Which ship to choose?

junglecat

Looking at a January cruise to get away from the cold, snowy Indiana weather! Belize is now on the A list. Looking at Glory out of Ft. Lauderdale or Magic out of Canaveral. We've not done either ship and never done Canaveral. Please help a girl decide!

Looking at a January cruise to get away from the cold, snowy Indiana weather! Belize is now on the A list. Looking at Glory out of Ft. Lauderdale or Magic out of Canaveral. We've not done either ship and never done Canaveral. Please help a girl decide!

Glory is in Miami, we love her!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind the one hour travel time and cost from MCO (Orlando Airport) to Port Canaveral and back.

Fort Lauderdale is so much easier.

I love the Glory, been on it couple of times. Never been on the Magic but hear it is a great ship, like the Breeze which I recommend.

But all in all, I don't like Port Canaveral. The hour drive from Orlando to the Port is no fun, especially after the cruise. Big let down. Did it by carnival transfer (cheapest) and don't like waiting for or riding in big busses.

Love the port of Miami. Lots of things to do before the cruise and a breeze getting to and from the airport.

So, with info you provided, I would have to go Glory for now.

What are the ports for either cruise?

Glory goes out of Miami. Was on cruise last week (well our seven night cruise became an 11 night cruise due to Irma) and when arriving into Port yesterday sailed by the Glory. Have been on 10+ Carnival ships but never the Glory and it is the next ship I will sail on. It has all of the amenities we love.

If you want to cruise out of FLL because it is easier to fly into FLL than MIA, there are reasonably priced shuttle services to get yo from FLL to the Miami Cruise Port. You will find great reviews on Trip Advisor. I believe the Conquest cruises out of FLL which is also a favorite ship of ours, we have been on it twice, but I think it offers six or eight night itineraries.

Magic over glory anyday.

If they are both going to the same ports, I would ask you to determine how much you value the ship. Magic wins for ship. It has more bells and whistles than Glory. But Glory is going to win for weather.

As other posters have said, Orlando in FL could be chilly if the east cost is having a cold snap. Highs maybe even low 50's with freezing at night. The need that freeze to make your oranges sweet! Miami too could be cold - in the 60's but that is about as bad as it will likely get.