Maitre d

Fireman9302

We got off the Carnival Ecstasy on Friday Sept 8th..was supposed to be a 5 night cruise but turned into a 4 night..

We ate dinner in the MTD everynight for YTD...and something just struck me...

We didnt see the Maitre d one time...In my last 4 cruises he/she stopped by our table everynight and said a few words on the PA.

Is this the new norm..

It didnt affect my cruise one way or another.

We still had a great time and will be back!

I just thought about it..

We've noticed this, too. We are platinum guests & have sailed back-to-back several times. They must be busy with other things, although they are usually available at the podium or if you request to speak to one of them.

Did Carnival give you any credit for the missed day/night?

Sent from my R1 HD using Forums mobile app

No..but i didnt ask for it either..we could have stayed on the ship for the extra night if we had chosen.

But with Irma and the rumor of evacuation of Charleston, sc Saturday we decided to go ahead and leave..it was 100 percent our decision...

If they offer it Ill gladly take it.

I was on the 8/30 sailing. Don't recall seeing him either, until the last night when we happened to get our timing a bit off and were subjected to the singing/dancing. ;p

I'd rather they spend their time making sure their dining room is running smoothly than spend it walking around schmoozing. If I have an issue with something I've ordered, I flag down the server and it's always been taken care of immediately.

Had YTD, which I haven't much cared for the few times I've tried it in the past, but it went well. Of course, the fact that my sailing friends were in an Owner's Suite may have made a bit of difference. When we walked up the first night and they said they were in Cabin S2, the response was, "Oooohh!" and we were immediately seated every evening, regardless of when we arrived. I doubt I'll get that response next time I show up and report in I'm a 1A on Riviera. ;)

We didn't see him/her on our last 3 cruises. Heard him plenty when it was dancing time, though. Every time we've written ahead to request a 4 top for the family (and gotten it), but I guess they are very busy with more high maintenance guests or new staff, or whatever.

Didn't bother us at all. :)