Crab Shack on Royal Princess

margord

We'll be on the Royal again next month & will know for sure.

Earlier this year on the Star it was only offered twice during a 15-day cruise with 10 sea days. On previous 7-day port intensive cruises it was also available twice. The only difference was the price increase to $29 on the Star from the previous $20 fee. Maybe like us, other passengers prefer the steakhouse or Sabatini's for the same price & that's why it was available less often. :confused:

If not, the Royal & Regal have ala carte prices at Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar located in the Piazza & have read that the $6 Crab dish is great and the most expensive food (except $60 caviar) was $20.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr201_ocean_terrace.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

They say they do but then their info may not be updated. Our last cruise was on the Pacific Princess and they don't provide them on that vessel.

We hardly miss a "Crab Shack". Love em. They only have three each week though. We were on a two week cruise where two of the Crab Shacks conflicted with a formal night. We enjoy dressing up for formal nights, we usually eat in a speciality then to avoid the hassles of the MDR. Sure don't want to wear my white tux jacket to a Crab Shack, even though they have huge bibs and stuff, made that mistake before.

From posts it appears that portions in the Crab Shack are being reduced. Before, the portions were way too large for us. Anyway, they have had both King Crab and Tanner (Snow Crab), I recall that one dish had both at the same time, although, I just asked my wife, and she couldn't recall a lot of King Crab. We live in crab country up here where King Crab, Tanner Crab and Dungeness Crab are plentiful. Personally, I like Dungeness better than the other two. The Tanner taste is okay but what a pain it is to get all the meat out. For some reason they don't offer Dungeness in the Crab Shack though.

You have to crack the crab yourself. All the times we have been there it hasn't been crowded, we get a large table all to ourselves. Kind of messy but with all the good appetizers and stuff we are always very full afterward.