Chilly on ship when exposed to wind on Eastern Caribbean itinerary?

Milhouse

Haven't sailed on a Caribbean itinerary in a while. Does it get chilly on the ship at night when exposed to the wind?

Trying to determine if I should bring a light hoodie for my Eastern Caribbean sailing in a few days to wear when we walk around exposed parts Allure at night.

The only time I've been a little chilly was on the top deck at the front of the ship when it was overcast at night. It was REALLY windy and I was in shorts and a tshirt. This only happened one night, and I've been on the same deck at night and in just as windy conditions and it didn't bother me before. I certainly wouldn't pack any extra layers in the Caribbean "just in case". It's up to you, though, if you want to bring the extra clothing and have room then go for it.

I have noticed it if it's a damp night sometimes (well, super-damp) and if I've had a bit too much sun that day (personally, too much sun makes the evening "feel" cooler to me). I usually layer with the light jacket on the plane to make it do double-duty (since, again for me, I'm freezing on planes).

Happy Cruising!!

Haven't sailed on a Caribbean itinerary in a while. Does it get chilly on the ship at night when exposed to the wind?

Trying to determine if I should bring a light hoodie for my Eastern Caribbean sailing in a few days to wear when we walk around exposed parts Allure at night.

Personally always wise to bring a light hoodie or some type of light jacket to wear. With the ship moving there will always be a flow of air that can make someone feel chilly. Even the interior areas, like the theater, are chilly -- and you could need something to wear there.

Inside the ship can be cool too. My wife usually wears a light sweater in the theater.

The only time I have ever been cold outside on a ship has been when we've cruised out of Baltimore and NJ in the late fall or early spring. The Caribbean, even with wind is never cold. I've never been cold in public spaces on a ship. Our cabin sometimes gets cold because I keep the a/c as low as possible, but that also depends on how humid it is. Our jackets that we wear while traveling from/to colder climates stay in the closet for our entire cruise.

I usually have something light packed. On our first cruise we had a day and most of the night in Key West (ship all aboard was 11:00 PM). That evening we went out in Key West, and the weather was a bit cool. My DH wouldn't let me get a sweatshirt as we would be headed someplace warmer soon! Even the open air bars were a bit chilly. Being from Wisconsin we didn't think we would need a sweater/sweatshirt, 60's is great when home is 32! Lesson learned. As others have said the theater can get chilly as well in the evening.

Definitely bring light jacket - some ship AC settings are freezing. Plus can double as rain jacket if...you need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never bring a jacket. Never found a need for one. Even watching the ice show or going skating myself I have never had a need for a jacket. Might be a Canadian thing not needing one.