Bring sodas onboard

tampadee

Do the 12 pack boxes need to be opened at embarking?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Not if they are factory sealed or questionable. The whole purpose of eliminating plastic bottles because of the booze smugglers. A can or carton is less likely to be effectively re-sealed containing booze. So a juicy box if it looks like it was opened might be checked.

The pre-order gift shops have decently priced bottled water and some juices. I've also taken these powder packets and made my own cranberry-Pomegranate juice from concentrate...same as most are anyway. I just get a pre-order Vodka bottle to the room. The Vodka is pricey, but if you can get 8-9 drinks from it (and no per gratuity at the bar) it's worth it. Good enough for sail away and pre-dinner in room cocktails

IMG_3524.JPG.ff90e4f7d4b4b3b8ae76ad69a1d39384.JPG

its inconsistent but many times they absolutely do and they will check to see if they have not been tampered with or if you were sneaking a beer in the middle.

Its very inconsistent as many times I just keep 2 12 packs of pepsi in my roll on take on bag....it goes through the scanner in the bag and nobody even opens the bag to see what they are. I mostly sail out of the Miami and FLL ports.

Nobody mentions you can bring a 1.5 liter box of wine too instead of 2 bottles.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634/

Read toward the bottom - this link is so hard to find that is why no one knows about it - I just stumbled on it myself!

YES YOU CAN BRING 1.5 LITER BOX WINE IN PLACE OF 2 BOTTLES OF 750 ML WINE! :wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass:

Read toward the bottom - this link is so hard to find that is why no one knows about it - I just stumbled on it myself!

YES YOU CAN BRING 1.5 LITER BOX WINE IN PLACE OF 2 BOTTLES OF 750 ML WINE! :wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass:

Praise and thank you! We'll get an extra glass. :wine-glass:

Has anyone had any luck with energy drinks that are not red bull?

I'd really like to bring on my sugar free monster but I can only find 16oz cans.

Do you drink the regular Monster drinks (black can/green). Walmart has them in 16oz :) Check there is they also carry the sugar free version

Thanks 👍👍👍good to know! Even if it is 1 box per two adults

Has anyone ever done this? Because this is the lst I have heard of it and I know for sure that not all security persons are up to date. I would hate to have them take it away because they are not aware of this policy. I would LOVE to do a box instead of 2 bottles!

Has anyone ever done this? Because this is the lst I have heard of it and I know for sure that not all security persons are up to date. I would hate to have them take it away because they are not aware of this policy. I would LOVE to do a box instead of 2 bottles!

To be on the safe side I think I will print out what is says in the line. I have read other posts where people said it was ok - and once I took 2 of those little 500 ml cartons with no problems but I agree it is not that well know to begin with!

That's what I have but I thought 12oz was the max? Am I totally wrong on that?

Ahhh, I thought your original post said you could not find the 16oz in sugar free. But you are correct it does state 12oz or less. Give Carnival a call and see what they say.

Ahhh, I thought your original post said you could not find the 16oz in sugar free. But you are correct it does state 12oz or less. Give Carnival a call and see what they say.

even if carnival says yes on the phone, if you go to the port they can and usually will take it away and they can site the website which is not vague at all about this.

If your willing to lose it all, then you can try but I would not be optimistic that you will be able to bring 16oz drinks onboard

To be on the safe side I think I will print out what is says in the line. I have read other posts where people said it was ok - and once I took 2 of those little 500 ml cartons with no problems but I agree it is not that well know to begin with!

I think it's a crap shoot depending on who you get. There were 2x I remember I was on a different line than DH. I went right thru the line with just a glance at my carry ons. DH's guy inspected everything very carefully. Another time (same port matter of fact) it was just the opposite. :eek::confused: