Emergency Number for RCCL to give to Family

Singer4Him

Does anyone know of a number that our family can call should an emergency arise that we need to be aware of while we are cruising? I know that Voom is available but we enjoy being able to get away and not worry about the phone, social media, etc. but I would still like to be able to have my kids, parents or siblings be able to reach us if they needed to do so.

Does anyone know of a number that our family can call should an emergency arise that we need to be aware of while we are cruising? I know that Voom is available but we enjoy being able to get away and not worry about the phone, social media, etc. but I would still like to be able to have my kids, parents or siblings be able to reach us if they needed to do so.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-phone-call-services

Thank you so much! I had called RCCL and they gave me a number but said that they would have to use the country code for wherever we were when calling it. I knew there had to be an easier way.:D

I don't know where the reps get their answers sometimes.:confused:

Once your cruise documents are ready, just email your loved one a copy. The packet includes your booking confirmation number, itinerary, stateroom assignments, how to reach the ship in an emergency, how to reach Royal Caribbean, etc. It would include any information that a loved one would need in the event of an emergency.

Just be sure to tell the family member that it will cost them per minute to reach the ship. Having a prepaid Visa Card for this may be a good idea.

When you reach the operator you will tell them the Ship Name Stateroom Number and the Party's name as well as your name. Depending on if its a direct connection to Guest Services or an intermediary operator you will need to provide the information.

I have this information on a note card and laminate it and hand it out to those who may need it.

In case of emergency and your relatives want to get a message to you. this is the instructions that I received from RCL and relayed to my kids.

Per Royal Carib.

1. Tel. (888) 721-7447 (RCL)

2. Will ask for credit card

3. Will connect you to the ship & cabin (# XXXX)

4. If no answer, message will be taken and delivered to our cabin.

Cost is $7.99 per minute with a max of 10 minutes.

Hope, we do not have to use the above procedure.

$7.99 ouch. Better get the Internet package and use Whatsapp.

Only for real emergencies. It was a salvation when my daughter was rushed to the hospital some years ago. TG, the next day's port was San Juan and were able get a decent flight home. Between wireless and ship to shore the total came to about $150. It helped that we had a laptop to scour & book flights.

Ps. This was on the Freedom, and the only time that we were approached/invited to dine with the Captain--never made it.