Question about door decorating

redrevenger

" Ship rules prohibit guests from posting signs, plaques or cards. Our staff has been instructed to remove these items if posted."

Interesting; on Princess the company puts birthday, wedding anniversary, balloons and other information on the outside of the doors!!

Well pointing out the obvious..... this isn't the Princess forum, nor is NCL a subsidiary of Princess.....NCL's ships NCL's rules.

" Ship rules prohibit guests from posting signs, plaques or cards. Our staff has been instructed to remove these items if posted."

Well, shucks! I always bring something flat and lightweight to put on my door. Guess I will have to ask our steward if it is OK. Otherwise, I can hang it inside.

On a Trans-Pacific/Tahiti cruise, I put up a plastic door cover on our cabin wall. It was a very large dolphin jumping out of the water. I used small sticky dots and removed all traces of adhesive when we were disembarking.

We've used magnets for years. My wife always puts up "Merry Christmas" on the door - just be prepared for it to spell other things from time to time :)

She took them down early one cruise to pack, and our neighbors complained because they were using our door to find their way home!

Be careful when using magnets on the outside of doors. If you use "pretty" ones be prepared for them to disappear!! Not everyone is as honest as you or me!!! I use a simple plain ring magnet outside and "pretty" ones for my notices inside.

What makes you think the OP is honest?

OP: Feel free to save your money and just take one from someone else's door.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, maxxboy said:

Looks like allowing passengers on Norwegian to decorate cabin doors may become a thing of the past...

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-bans-stateroom-door-decorations/

There is a whole thread about this. The report you linked looks like it may have been written after reading that thread.