Anthem of The Seas - Bermuda - few helpful notes

msvickyes

We just go off Anthem of the Seas - Sept. 9-14, 2017. Here are a few notes I would have found useful before we left on our trip.

We left our car at Wally Park LAX. $140 for 8 days covered parking, We had not been there for a while and didn't realize they no longer pick up at your car. We had to drop all our luggage off at the first floor and then drive up the ramp to the 5th floor to park. The shuttle took us directly to our airline entrance.

We flew into EWR from LAX. We had reservations at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth. We used the hotel shuttle. Once you pick up your luggage, you have to go upstairs to the second floor to the air train. The shuttle will only pick up at P4. The shuttle came quickly after we arrived there but it was a pain to get us and all our luggage to P4. I had checked in on-line so we were in our rooms in 5 minutes. They had free internet which was great. Ruby Tuesdays is walking distance (very close) and a mall across the street.

We came in a couple of days early so spent Friday at the Stature of Liberty. It was a great way to spend our day. The hotel set us up with a driver (Lucy) who was great but expensive. $140 round trip to Liberty Park. Uber would have been a LOT less expensive but we had my mom with a walker and we wanted as easy as possible.

We did use Uber later that day so we could run out and pick up some wine for the cruise.

Hotel to Port - We had planned to use the Hotel Shuttle for $20 per person, but Lucy charged us less so we enjoyed our private car to the port. We left at 10:30 and arrived to the port before 11:00. Check in was quick and easy and we didn't have to wait to board the ship.

Cabins 6646 and 6644. These are great cabins. Close to elevators. The best part were the balconies. They are extended out from the ship and very private. No obstructions.

Wow band - we wanted the Wow band and got in line at customer service that evening. Really long line and since it was the first night, several people had to talk about issues that took awhile. We were in line for about 20 minutes when we saw one of the agents going to the back of the line and getting sea pass cards from people in the back of the line and getting their wow banks so they didn't have to wait. That made the people in line with me very upset as we had been waiting for the same thing. At least 10 people behind us got their bands before we did. They need 2 lines. 1 for wow bands and 1 for other issues. We finally got them and found them very convenient.

IFLY -I was the only one in my group who did this. I'm in my 50's and not athletic at all, but I did it. They are very patient and there is training before hand. It was quite an experience. I can't say it was fun, but I was really glad I did it and got some great pictures. My shoulders hurt a bit the next day.

Meals - we ate in the Dining Room for dinner each night. Most of the meals were excellent. The tiger shrimp was the only bad meal. Very tough and tasteless. Lobster was the last night. Formal night was the first at sea day.

All other meals were in the Windjammer and were excellent. The staff was great.

Bermuda - We did the Wildcat boat tour. Loved it! It lasted about 2 hours. My mom is 80 and they made sure she was in a very stable seat.

Snorkel Park - Very windy so they couldn't give us umbrellas or kayaks. They refunded 30% of our tour cost. We still enjoyed the snorkeling and the beach but didn't stay all day because of the wind. Clean and well staffed.

Manhatten Tour and Airport Transfer - We booked the Manhatten tour since our flight didn't leave until 4:00. It was very organized. We all had the same zone numbers for our luggage. We meet together at a bar on Deck 4 at 8:30 a.m. We left the ship as a group, picked up our luggage and went through customs and then met at the bus right outside the terminal. It was a great tour. We made 1 stop at Ground Zero for 30 minutes. 1 bathroom stop. The rest of the time we had a guided tour of Manhatten. I recommend this tour if you want to see all the sights of Manhattan and you have limited time. We arrived at the airport at about 1:45 p.m.

We loved the cruise. The shows, the food, the staff. Shopping was all the same as every other cruise.

Thank you!! Planning to stay at Embassy too. Did the hotel offer the shuttle to port? I've read yes and no comments on this. If so, do you remember the times?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We used the shuttle on the cruise before (31st Aug). As said its $20pp each way (they will do round trip for $40pp). Ask for it when you check in. The shuttle is run by an outside company who also do the Country Inns opposite for $17.50...don't ask me why its cheaper! First shuttle is 10am and supposed to be every hour. However, first shuttle was late and they didn't go until about 10.30am. We were booked for 11 and left at 1105. I think they said they have 6 shuttles (15 seat vans) running continuously until everyone is picked up. If you return on them, I think they said they start about 7.30am.

Simon

We used the shuttle on the cruise before (31st Aug). As said its $20pp each way (they will do round trip for $40pp). Ask for it when you check in. The shuttle is run by an outside company who also do the Country Inns opposite for $17.50...don't ask me why its cheaper! First shuttle is 10am and supposed to be every hour. However, first shuttle was late and they didn't go until about 10.30am. We were booked for 11 and left at 1105. I think they said they have 6 shuttles (15 seat vans) running continuously until everyone is picked up. If you return on them, I think they said they start about 7.30am.

Simon

Thank you. I appreciate your details!!! Very helpful for a detailed planner like me!!! Is the return to the hotel or EWR?

Thank you. I appreciate your details!!! Very helpful for a detailed planner like me!!! Is the return to the hotel or EWR?

As far as I know, it's the hotel, but I was chatting to the guy who runs the company (as he was there organising) and I think from his attitude that they would drop you at EWR if you asked them nicely;).

Simon

My husband and I are staying at the Renaissance Airport Hotel at Newark. I ordered a car from Airport Shuttles.com and they are $56 each way. I immediately received a confirmation from the driver and a picture of him, so we would know it was our car. Great service, let's hope being picked up will be. Sailing Oct. 28th on Anthem, can't wait!!

My husband and I are staying at the Renaissance Airport Hotel at Newark. I ordered a car from Airport Shuttles.com and they are $56 each way. I immediately received a confirmation from the driver and a picture of him, so we would know it was our car. Great service, let's hope being picked up will be. Sailing Oct. 28th on Anthem, can't wait!!

Have a GREAT Cruise. We loved it.

If you saw Spectra's Cabinet on your voyage, can you think of any reason why they would cancel one of the shows and then rebook you for the last night of the sailing?

My Roll Call received an email from RCL regarding the cancellation. We were given other dates and times and we all did not book for the original same date/time?????

MARAPRINCE

If you saw Spectra's Cabinet on your voyage, can you think of any reason why they would cancel one of the shows and then rebook you for the last night of the sailing?

My Roll Call received an email from RCL regarding the cancellation. We were given other dates and times and we all did not book for the original same date/time?????

MARAPRINCE

It is a very high tech show. They cancelled it a couple of times during our cruise because they were having tech. difficulties. I also heard they had cancelled it the week before because of high seas. I can't imagine they would know any of that in advance.

It is a very high tech show. They cancelled it a couple of times during our cruise because they were having tech. difficulties. I also heard they had cancelled it the week before because of high seas. I can't imagine they would know any of that in advance.

Our sailing leaves NJ on 10/28 so I was wondering that too. Unless they need time to replace/repair whatever is not working.

MARAPRINCE

• 1 month later...
We just go off Anthem of the Seas - Sept. 9-14, 2017. Here are a few notes I would have found useful before we left on our trip.

Cabins 6646 and 6644. These are great cabins. Close to elevators. The best part were the balconies. They are extended out from the ship and very private. No obstructions.

We loved the cruise. The shows, the food, the staff. Shopping was all the same as every other cruise.

Hello,

How was the mattress at cabin 6644?

Is it was firm or soft?

I have heard that the mattress on the Anthem are very firm and not so comfortable.

We will have this cabin on our next cruise, so we are very curious.

Thanks

Hello,

How was the mattress at cabin 6644?

Is it was firm or soft?

I have heard that the mattress on the Anthem are very firm and not so comfortable.

We will have this cabin on our next cruise, so we are very curious.

Thanks

It was firm but not uncomfortable. I prefer softer but did sleep well. It’s a great cabin.