Royal caribbean cruise insurance

Coco5056

Beware of royal caribbeans cruise insurance. You need to read the small print and then have a lawyer to read it afterwards. If you cancel your cruise due to a disaster have fun trying to get reimbursed. They might give you an onboard credit if your lucky

Don't trust royal caribbean guest relations. If it ain't in riding you have no chance. They tell you more stories then a fairy tale book

We have used​ a UK company for our annual travel insurance with cruise included for the last 7 years.

In 2011 we missed our cruise when my mam died and the insurance company were fantastic and paid everything in weeks including flying us home from Malaga.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Beware of royal caribbeans cruise insurance. You need to read the small print and then have a lawyer to read it afterwards. If you cancel your cruise due to a disaster have fun trying to get reimbursed. They might give you an onboard credit if your lucky

The very least you should get is 75% of the cruise cost as a future cruise credit.

SRF is correct. Fine print is part of life. If you didn't read it, that's your fault. However, my expectation is the cruise company (any company) tries to work with their customer to make it right. You shouldn't give up until you are satisfied or exhausted.

I had fine experience with RCCL's insurance last year when I canceled "for any reason" at 16 days before sailing. I got 25% back in cash and 75% of the balance in Future Cruise Certificates, which will be put to good use in about three weeks.

The only other time I used it the coverage was for a death and we canceled at only three days from sailing. I got 100% back in cash in about two weeks.

When I canceled the "for any reason" at first I wasn't to happy with the responses I was getting. But then I did read the fine print and guess what? It was all spelled out there and they gave me exactly what I contracted for. So "shame on me" if I expected anything more or less.

Bottom line, if you think you are wronged in regards to any insurance issue contact your state insurance regulator and file a complaint. I know, at least in California, if you drop the Department of Insurance name the insurer pays attention. They don't like their name to come before the commissioner.

Also BEWARE - if you are a business owner - a policy that scheduled "cancel for work"......if you have full time employees "cancel for work" is not a valid reason to cancel (again, fine print and going round & round w/ insurance company). Apparently if you have full time employees they are suppose to be able to cover for the owners in the event of a disaster at the work location (i.e. fire, theft, weather damage, sickness, etc.). Evidently employees can "cancel for work" but not business owners. Still pulling my hair out over the pages and pages of fine print that I didn't understand. Live and learn!

We have always purchased insurance but not through the cruise line. We make sure to get the "cancel for any reason" which costs a bit more but well worth it. Filed one claim two years ago when I broke my leg and elbow six weeks before the cruise. I had to submit a book of paperwork lol but I was reimbursed 100% for all costs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a mother /son cruise booked on RCL in late July, but had to cancel as my son got military orders to report. I had RCL "any reason" ins. And just received a letter from AON that we should be getting the 75% cruise credit. Is there a time limit on how long you have to use the credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What company is considered best for travel/cruise insurance?

I'm not aware of a single company that is considered a universal "best".

Check out these sites to see what policy fits your needs best:

www.insuremytrip.com

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

www.tripinsurancestore.com

Make sure you read the fine print.

I had a mother /son cruise booked on RCL in late July, but had to cancel as my son got military orders to report. I had RCL "any reason" ins. And just received a letter from AON that we should be getting the 75% cruise credit. Is there a time limit on how long you have to use the credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums