Adventure of the sea vs Norwegian Dawn?

Looking to book a December cruise. Both itineraries are very similar so it comes down to the ship. Would love to hear comments if anyone has been on both? Both are older ships. We do enjoy good entertainment. Need some help deciding. Travelling with one senior and one younger adult.thanks

I just sailed Dawn in July. It has been refurbished and looks good, but it is small. If you are pool people, it only has one and it was always packed. I have not sailed Adventure but I have sailed one of the other Voyager class ships and I would choose Adventure over Dawn, any day. Adventure was also recently revitalized, so I would try to find newer reviews to check out.

I've sailed on both. The Adventure in 2009 and the Dawn earlier this month. I would choose the Adventure hands down. There is much more to do on the Adventure and as another poster mentioned, the main pool on the Dawn is very crowded and overwhelmed with kids (even though it's an adult pool).

My wife and I have cruised both Adventure and the Dawn, and have had a terrific time on both ships. Yes, the Dawn is smaller ... but the service is terrific, and exceeded all our expectations in every conceivable way. RCL gives us a great cruise every time, but by experience with the Dawn we would sail NCL again in a heartbeat as well.

Either way, you'll have a blast.

Michael

Thank your for the input. How do I find what shows/entertainment is on the Adventure of the seas? Do they have a comedy show during the cruise? Karaoke? broadway style entertainment shows?

Here is a recent Compass which will give you an idea of the activities:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53734233#post53734233

Hello

I would love to view those schedules but i cannot open the link . I see the compasses but when i click it brings me to photobucket page which says update account for 3rd party sharing .

Sorry, that's a new Photobucket policy that we cannot get around. Hopefully the original poster will see this and post a link to their Photobucket album.

I have sailed on both, and hands down, book Adventure!! Crew of Dawn was excellent, but the ship is dated with narrow passages, entertainment not up to par, cabins do not compare! Good luck, you will have a great time no matter which you choose!