Champagne or Sparkling wine

Remus2010

• 1 month later...
Okay--now what about putting sparkling wine into checked luggage?? Any suggestions??

I won a bottle of champagne on the Valor our last cruise. We had the Cheers! package so didn't drink it while on the ship. I was concerned about packing it in our luggage for our flight home due to it being carbonated but didn't have an issue. I wrapped it in a towel (we bring our own beach towels so we know which are ours) then in a trash bag (I bring extra to pack dirty clothes in) just in case it burst open or broke but I got it home without issue.

We pack booze in our luggage all the time when we travel and have yet to have any issue with it (other than a bottle leaking every now and then). We fly so it has to go into checked luggage. We pack it well and declare it when going through customs. No problems.

are you talking about airlines or cruise ships. You can not bring "booze" on board carry on or luggage. The airlines do not care.

If they're talking about ambarkation, you can bring bottled wine or champagne (one bottle per person) onto the ship in your carry on.

If they're talking about debarkation, you need to pack it in your luggage if you'll be flying after you get off the ship.

Champagne and sparkling wine is wine, so, yes, you can carry it on the ship. Regarding packing it in your checked luggage ... do not put it in the luggage that you check with the porters at the ship, it must be carried on. If you are talking about luggage you check with the airline, check into getting some of the wine bottle carriers made for that purpose (maybe on Amazon).

Champagne and sparkling wine is wine, so, yes, you can carry it on the ship. Regarding packing it in your checked luggage ... do not put it in the luggage that you check with the porters at the ship, it must be carried on. If you are talking about luggage you check with the airline, check into getting some of the wine bottle carriers made for that purpose (maybe on Amazon).

Wine Wings on Amazon.