Know of a Grand Cayman Fish Shack?

2paradise

Hi

I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone knows about this place to eat...

Two years ago we were in Grand Cayman riding a bus and a British couple asked where we were going to eat lunch. We didn't have any ideas so they said we should check out this fish shack run by several women near 7 mile beach I believe. We road the bus to the this location but then had to walk a block or two back to the water to find the shack It was amazing!! It literally was a shack and had picnics tables to sit at after ordering fish at the counter.

Does anyone happen to have any idea if this place is still there and what it is called?

I am sorry to be so vague.

Thank you!

Was it near the port? From your description, it sounds like you got off the bus at the terminal near the library then walked back towards the water.

I can't remember anything matching the description of the shack, however. Drew, Capt BJ...any ideas?

Da Fish Shack on North Church St is the closest fish place to the port. Nowhere near Seven Mile Beach though.

The description almost sounds like Alfrescos Restaurant Alfrescos has outdoors seating, with tables set up on a deck. It would be quite a short walk once you got off the bus though, not a couple blocks.

Or perhaps Heritage Kitchen also in West Bay, which certainly has more of the shack look to it. They have a few picnic tables on a tin roof covered patio.

More likely this sounds like perhaps a roadside stand that set up near Public Beach. Those can be hit or miss as to whether they will be there on any particular day.

Further afield there are other fish shacks. The Grapeseed Cafe at Coe Wood Beach in Bodden Town fits the bill. Capt Herman's Fish Fry in East End or the Fish Fry behind the gas station in East End also fit the shack description but are not likely the place the OP remembers.