Is it worthwhile to be an RCL shareholder to get cruising benefits

datolim

Thanks Bob. That clears up something in my mind. Make sense. But with the price above $100 it is a lot of money. But the important thing is is RCL a good investment.

Don´t take the word from anonymous people (like me) on a message board in regards to a financial advice! Even more so when you ask this on a cruise message board.

Personally I would not buy at the current price, but of course your milage may vary about investments.

Booking through a TA and not receiving OBC does not mean you didn´t book under a promotion, and therefore you still might not get the shareholder benefit.

Don´t take the word from anonymous people (like me) on a message board in regards to a financial advice! Even more so when you ask this on a cruise message board.

Personally I would not buy at the current price, but of course your milage may vary about investments.

Booking through a TA and not receiving OBC does not mean you didn´t book under a promotion, and therefore you still might not get the shareholder benefit.

It is a very different system here. No such thing as OBC here with the local TA. What RC does have is promotion every few months 50% off for 2nd pax and $10 for children. But never any OBC.

I use it when I book inside cabins (OK for OV as well). If I have "gratuitous" RCL OBC attached to my reservation, I have been successful in getting the difference between the full Shareholder OBC and the gratuitous OBC applied to my account.

For a 14 Day TA next month I am getting the full $250.

Same here. We have been happy with the shareholder obc we have received. I have gotten it with 50% off, state resident and senior fares.

If you are married be sure to get the stock in a joint account. That way you can get the obc when cruising together or if one of you travels solo.