Oasis of the Seas for Sept 24 departure

It is funny to read through this thread, as I am on this cruise as well and Nassau is actually the port I am most looking forward to. I like to get out and explore when I go somewhere. I am going to be sitting by the pool on the sea days, so last thing I want to do is sit on a beach when I get a chance to get off the ship. Nassau has tons to explore. I am more leery of the two Mexico ports, as they seem much more beach oriented.

Very Disappointed by RC's choice of new ports of call for Oasis this Sunday. Was fine with the change from St. Martin to St. Kitts. Labadee port is open. So why are they changing entire cruise for San Juan being closed??? so they can do a cheaper Western Caribbean rather than the Eastern we paid for. And not offer credit at all? Would much rather have an extra day at sea than to change entire cruise to places I have been before (Bahamas, Costa Maya, Cozumel). If I wanted those again I would have booked a Western Caribbean. I understand there has been much destruction of Eastern islands and I have and will continue to donate to their recovery.

DearGuest:

We wanted to provide you with an update on your Oasis of the Seas September 24thsailing.

Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

For your convenience, all changes are outlined in the updated itinerary, below:

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sun

9/24/2017

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

9/25/2017

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 AM

5:00 PM

Tue

9/26/2017

Cruising

Wed

9/27/2017

Cozumel, Mexico

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

Thu

9/28/2017

Costa Maya, Mexico

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Fri

9/29/2017

Cruising

Sat

9/30/2017

Cruising

Sun

10/1/2017

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

6:00 AM

Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book new shore excursions once you board.

We are sorry for the impact that the storm has had on your vacation. While not the itinerary or situation that we originally anticipated, we are looking forward to having you onboard and know that you will have a great time!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

An itinerary change is disappointing. You are lucky you have a few days to re-group and maybe find something of interest in the new ports. Often port changes are made with little or no advance notice. A few years ago, our Eastern Carib cruise was changed to a Western the evening prior to sailing.

No credit was offered as we had the same amount of days and ports-just different ports.

Enjoy

M