What's going to happen now the hurricanes have left a trail of destruction?

jongbj

Hotel CA, see post #65 above.

We received a similar email notice from Seabourn, and you should get one from Seabourn and/or your TA.

All Caribbean cruises that were to start in St Maarten now are round-trip from Barbados.

Seabourn specifically said: "Guests who booked their flights independently will need to make new arrangements. Be assured that we will cover any reasonable air change fees they may incur."

Thank you-- right after I posted my TA called and sent the new IT--Great tips on Nevis by the way Thank you so much.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking for some advice with regard to what to do in the Caribbean! It will be my first cruise and first visit. Being a beach person I should be easy to please. I probably should have started a new thread with this but the first part of my query is linked to this thread I promise.

Has anyone received additional OBC of $300 for an itinerary change that has NOT affected their embarkation or disembarkation port? My TA had initially said changes of 4 or more ports would be eligible but is now saying not. To be honest I won’t grumble as SB are doing their best in a tough situation.

Now what to do/ which beach in -

Cap Cana Dom Rep, Charlotte Amalie St Thomas, St John’s Antigua, Basse Terre Guadeloupe, Fort-de-France Martinique and Charlestown SKN.

Would prefer walking distance or short taxi rides at most, unless there is a must see. Thanks in advance for the benefit of your experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

can only comment on Basse Terre. There is not much else to do except enjoy one of the beaches. It's a short walk ( about 15 mins), up through the village and over an easy hill to a lovely beach with a pleasant relaxed 'French' feel. There is a stall just off the beach that does yummy ham baguettes and cold drinks etc. Sea is safe, resonably shallow and calm. There are other beaches that are a longer(30+ minutes) walk from the landing pier and, by all accounts, worth the extra effort. There are a few shops/local boutiques/cafes around the harbour. We have only done the carib once, but this and Joost Van Dyke were our two favourite stops by far.