Bringing on Soda

CodyMiles1994

I know that we can bring on a 12 pack of cans per person, but can I unload them into a small cooler and carry it on rather than carrying them around til rooms are ready?

Yes, it remember that Carnival only allows soft-sided coolers 12x12x12 or smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How about Budweiser's non-alcohol beer There is 0% alcohol in it and it says so on the can and box. It's called Prohibition

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Should you be able to?

Yes.

Will you be able to?

Depends on your port workers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I bought a soft-sided bag at Wal-Mart that is made to carry 12 each 12 ounce cans. It has several zipper pockets and it can expand 1 inch to toss a cold pack on top of the sodas. In four cruises, no one has looked inside.

This is 1/2 right. The size must be 12x12x12 or smaller but it can be a hard side. I have carried a hard side Coleman cooler on 50 to 60 Carnival cruises.

My mistake. Sorry about that. The 12x12x12 is accurate though. https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How about Budweiser's non-alcohol beer There is 0% alcohol in it and it says so on the can and box. It's called Prohibition

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Should you be able to?

Yes.

Will you be able to?

Depends on your port workers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No, you will not be able to bring non-alcoholic beer on. The contract specifically states "SODA". Beer is not soda and the alcoholic content is immaterial.

Actually, it says, "non-alcoholic beverages" (and then lists examples, using the abbreviation, "i.e." which makes clear that other items in the specified category, "non-alcoholic beverages," would also apply).

Having said that, I do think it more likely that at least some screeners won't care that it is non-alcoholic and will confiscate it anyway.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

You just need to be carrying it on in some way. It can't be checked.

so.......if each of us hand carry a 12 pack of soda along with our carry-on luggage, that's ok? Then of course we'll need to schlep it around with us until our room is ready..... hmmmm....any other option?

so.......if each of us hand carry a 12 pack of soda along with our carry-on luggage, that's ok? Then of course we'll need to schlep it around with us until our room is ready..... hmmmm....any other option?

Board after the rooms are made ready and you don't have to schlep around anything for an extended duration.

Options are to carry it on or pay their prices on board. Exact options are:

You can carry on your own soda

You can prebuy cans of soda through the fun shops at a high price to be delivered to your room

You can buy on board on a "per glass" basis

You can buy the bottomless bubbles which allows you unlimited soda and juice from the bars

Does the soda have to be IN your carryon? I seemed to remember people just carrying the 12-packs on my last cruise and it seemed to be in addition to their carry on luggage.

If you carry on a 12 pk. remember to bring something to put the cans back in once they open it to examine each can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums