Bringing on Soda

CodyMiles1994

When packing at home, we fill up a smaller suitcase that nests into a slightly bigger one. We keep it nested in the bigger and check it with the airline, making sure beforehand that it's less than 50 pounds. The morning before the cruise, we walk to a liquor/grocery store and purchase our 12-packs and then pack them into the slightly larger suitcase we nested the smaller in. Then we roll it on board and lug it on to the belt for inspection. They've never opened the 12 pack boxes.

We also buy the type of 12 packs that have the perforated end, great to store in the closet closest to the desk on top shelf and just reach in to grab a can as needed, or restock the fridge.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the glaringly obvious final and best option evar...

Purchase FTTF.

;p

It would be $930 with tax for our upcoming cruise for Cheers, but we were thinking about it. Yikes, no thanks! Bottomless bubbles much less, but I think a bit of inconvenience is worth it to save the expense.

Just got off a cruise today out of Galveston. They opened both 12 packs of soda and inspected each can. I found it interesting though- Security told us to go to the table for soda & wine inspection. I never bothered to bring out my bottle of wine. And I voluntarily put both cases of soda on the table. No one ever followed up, so I'm guessing that you could probably get away with a bit more soda onboard, as long as you present SOMETHING at the table! It seems kind of slipshod to make such tight regulations then not follow through!

A fellow cruiser told us he brought 24 cans (12 for each his wife and himself) but inadvertently checked them. They were confiscated and not returned.

It pays to know the rules as well as be prepared in case something goes wrong.

It would be $930 with tax for our upcoming cruise for Cheers, but we were thinking about it. Yikes, no thanks! Bottomless bubbles much less, but I think a bit of inconvenience is worth it to save the expense.

Just to let you know, you do not get a can of soda with Bottomless Bubbles. You get a glass of soda filled from pre opened or newly opened (or a combination) cans. Many times my glass of soda tasted flat.