Where to eat 1st Day on Sunshine

antmilant

It's been 13 years since we sailed on Carnival. We are sailing out next Saturday on the Sunshine. Where is a good place to sit down and eat when you board the ship. I am unable to stand for a long period of time. In the past when we sailed on NCL they had one of the main dining rooms open till muster time. Any ideas.

Behind the Lido Buffet is the Havana Bar - it has lots of tables many with great views. It has direct access to the Italian restaurant and JiJi's stir fry bowls. The buffet and the Deli are very close as well if you wanted a salad or made to order grilled sandwich. :ship::ship::D

We will also be sailing on the Sunshine for the first time, I can't find Mongolian wok or pasta bar anywhere on the deck plans. Are they in the Havana area somewhere?

It's JiJi Asian (pay at night) for the wok and Cucina del Capitino Italian (pay at night) for pasta bar at lunchtime. During the morning they have am omelet bar and fresh fruit on one side and sides on the other side. Most people don't find the Havana area til the 2-4th day of a cruise.

Another alternative: I can't do the standing and fighting crowds either.

My sister and I just got off the Sunshine yesterday. We chose later embarkation (1:30) and had early lunch before we boarded the ship. We booked The Steakhouse for 6:00 and it was much better than dealing with the lunch crowd on that first day. We had done the same thing on Sunshine last year and this was more relaxing.

Also, Deck 5 Ocean Plaza has the smaller buffet for lunch and breakfast too.. Our cabin was on Deck 5 so we passed it all the time. It was never packed!

• 4 months later...
Behind the Lido Buffet is the Havana Bar - it has lots of tables many with great views. It has direct access to the Italian restaurant and JiJi's stir fry bowls. The buffet and the Deli are very close as well if you wanted a salad or made to order grilled sandwich. :ship::ship::D

Can you get Stir Fry and Italian at lunch time or are those only for dinner? I'd like to head to Havana for embarkation but I am wondering what foods are actually available in that area.