Stupid question RE:Robes

emcee207

Third cruise on Celebrity. Last year we had CC class, this year we are 2C Balcony Deck 6. With CC, nice bathrobes were provided in the room. Will the 2C cabin have robes? Kind of a stupid question but don't want to bring if they are provided. Thanks in advance

The first time on HAL that we were in a minisuite with robes, we were both heavier (thanks, Weight Watchers!) and the robes didn't quite fit. I never asked, but as we are to go on Celebrity next in a CC cabin....

For those who require a larger robe, are they available? I'm not talking really big, but perhaps a 2X at least?

Thanks Phil, but are they certified and been fully "Black Lighted" for our safety????;)

BTW, I was in Harpendon about 25 years ago for an afternoon, loved it!

Yes "they" are definitely certified. Sorry, I misunderstood the question;):D Better have them laundered!

Small world. A couple of people from here on the boards have said they have been here. I arrived in 1968 and apart from a couple of years sabbatical have never left:)

Phil

Yes, small world. I was working on a desert construction job in the Negev Desert in Israel and was on a weeks vacation. Flew to London and we took the train to Harpendon for the day. This was in early 1980 I think.

FYI.. on the RT 11/20 Infinity Cruise to Hawaii in the daily program we were told not to wear our robes to the pool...but no one seemed to pay much attentions to that!!! LuAnn

That's very interesting. My brother was on Summit to Alaska June 03 and told me he wore his robe to the pool. Horrors. I went on the same trip the next year and wore a coverup, and was rather chilly, but noticed that many people were using the robes. This year (Dec) on the Millie we used our CC robes and they felt good. I'm sorry to hear this rule has been posted.

Does anyone have any more information on the why? Are people leaving them at the pool and not taking them back to their cabins?

If you lose your robe during the cruise, you have to pay for it. I suppose Celebrity is trying to save you that expense...and, well, maybe they just don't want a bunch of people running around the public areas of the ship in bath robes, either.:rolleyes:

If you lose your robe during the cruise, you have to pay for it. I suppose Celebrity is trying to save you that expense...and, well, maybe they just don't want a bunch of people running around the public areas of the ship in bath robes, either.:rolleyes:

What you say is true. Someone could pick up your robe at the pool and you'd end up having to pay. I don't wear my bathrobe out in public at home either.;)

As far as I know the robes have always said on the little card on the hanger 'do not remove robes from cabin'. When I see people in the buffet and by the pool I have to shake my head. Would these people go out in public in a robe at home? They are BATH robes, to be used after one bathes or while dressing. They are NOT bathing suit cover ups. If you want a heavier bathing suit cover up bring one.

I just think it looks incredibly tacky. And jugging by the snide comment people make about the ones wearing robes, others think so too.

Of course, this is JMO.

I'm guilty of taking my robe out in public. ;)

I usually dont take clothes to change into after swimming and it can get cold walking back to the cabin in semi wet clothes so I take my robe to cover my bathing suit. (Its probably more viewer friendly this way vs seeing me parading the halls in swimsuit as well.) I wont do the buffet in a robe though and never walk thru the public areas other than the pool and elevator/stairs with it on.

This is one aspect of X that I like. When we did RCCL had to ask for a robe. Of course now its a moot point since I've taken enough cruises on X to get reciprocal on RCCL to get a robe.

TACKY!!!! Is all I can say!!! Geeze, would you wear a robe to a pool at a land resort?????? :eek: For Gawd's sake--keep "robes" in the cabin! :rolleyes: I would sooner be caught dead than trying to go in public in a bath robe!

TACKY!!!! Is all I can say!!! Geeze, would you wear a robe to a pool at a land resort?????? :eek: For Gawd's sake--keep "robes" in the cabin! :rolleyes: I would sooner be caught dead than trying to go in public in a bath robe!

Archived