I am getting excited about trying RCCI...some Questions.....

Greetings.

I have only sailed RCCI once, and that was as a last minute guest when friend of mine hd a buddy bit out on him at the last minute. For years I have been a loyal Carnival cruiser, and as such, have built up press, reaching their Platinum thus. For reasons know to Carnival, they have lot my brine, nd now I m looking t building loyalty with Royal. I enjoy sailing out of Galveston, o I believe it sill be the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS that will get my bookings. I have some question, if you will indulge me. I hveeen some changes over the years in cruising with Carnival, and I am sure other line shave had changed well. I have n open mind, and most of what I am asking might seem petty. Certainly it will not keep me from booking, but I would like to know SO...

*Does RCCI still have assigned seating in the MDR, both early and late?

*Is there n option for anytime dining in a MDR? (I really prefer assigned seating. I like to meet people.)

*is there nightly turn down? Any chocolate left on the pillow?

*Does RCCI offer twice a day cabin service?

*Are there table cloths in the MDR?

*On a seven (7) day cruise, are there formal nights? And how many? (I like to wear my tux)

*Are there "special" restaurants in addition to the MDR? (What fee is charged?)

*what, if any, are the drink packages like? Cocktails, wine, soft beverages...

*Carnivl offers, for a fee, the option to purchase what they call FTTF(faster to the fun), which gives you priority boarding, a dedicated line a guest services, gtd of cabin ready upon board, quicker delivery of luggage, priority tendering service, first debarkation lines. I have not ever purchased this as I had all of these perks, plus more, being Platinum. Starting over, is this an option on RCCI? Fine if not, and I might not even purchase it, but thought I would include in my questions.

*Do the sips have bars that make craft style, specialty, cocktails? I recall the one RCCI cruise I did, there ws a champagne bar. I liked that.

I may have more questions, especially once I book. I am going for a late October/early noveme=ber sailing.

Thank you so much for indulging a newbie. I am really looking forward to being a RCCI cruise.

Greetings.

I have only sailed RCCI once, and that was as a last minute guest when friend of mine hd a buddy bit out on him at the last minute. For years I have been a loyal Carnival cruiser, and as such, have built up press, reaching their Platinum thus. For reasons know to Carnival, they have lot my brine, nd now I m looking t building loyalty with Royal. I enjoy sailing out of Galveston, o I believe it sill be the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS that will get my bookings. I have some question, if you will indulge me. I hveeen some changes over the years in cruising with Carnival, and I am sure other line shave had changed well. I have n open mind, and most of what I am asking might seem petty. Certainly it will not keep me from booking, but I would like to know SO...

*Does RCCI still have assigned seating in the MDR, both early and late? Yes.

*Is there n option for anytime dining in a MDR? (I really prefer assigned seating. I like to meet people.) Yes.

*is there nightly turn down? Yes. Any chocolate left on the pillow? No.

*Does RCCI offer twice a day cabin service? Yes

*Are there table cloths in the MDR? Yes

*On a seven (7) day cruise, are there formal nights? Yes And how many? 2 (I like to wear my tux)

*Are there "special" restaurants in addition to the MDR? (What fee is charged?) Yes, $25-$35

*what, if any, are the drink packages like? Cocktails, wine, soft beverages...Yes

*Carnivl offers, for a fee, the option to purchase what they call FTTF(faster to the fun), which gives you priority boarding, a dedicated line a guest services, gtd of cabin ready upon board, quicker delivery of luggage, priority tendering service, first debarkation lines. I have not ever purchased this as I had all of these perks, plus more, being Platinum. Starting over, is this an option on RCCI? No FTTF on Royal. Fine if not, and I might not even purchase it, but thought I would include in my questions.

*Do the sips have bars that make craft style, specialty, cocktails? Some have he R Bar. I recall the one RCCI cruise I did, there ws a champagne bar. I liked that.

I may have more questions, especially once I book. I am going for a late October/early noveme=ber sailing.

Thank you so much for indulging a newbie. I am really looking forward to being a RCCI cruise.

See answers in RED above.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Cabin steward came in last year and turned down our bed while at dinner. No chocolate

4. Yes our cabin was made up at least twice a day last year but seemed like almost anytime we left or room it was made up.

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes, not sure of individual price we bought 3 nights last year and ultimate this year.

8. We buy drinks individual because we don't drink enough to validate $44 pp/pd

9. No RC does not have similar option.

10. No idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you book a suite, there is a priority line for check in. And some ports have a separate waiting area if you check in before they start boarding. That area is boarded first.

If Grand Suite or higher, you also get priority tender access, priority disembarkation at all ports. Also priority luggage handling when getting off (bags are off early and closest to the exit door).

RCCL does not offer cabin ready when boarding. Ever cabin is accessible at the same time. Normally around 1PM for a 4PM sailing.