Review- Bahamian Bar Hopping Tour booked through Carnival

dayzfan4life

Disclaimer: I can not be held accountable for any actions that happened on this excursion!!!!

Ha Ha!

I booked this excursion with my party of 6 girls who were travelling for a girls trip. We met in the theater onboard the Liberty at 10:30 for our 11am excursion. Once we had all gathered we went a short walk to the tour bus. Once on the bus, the party started! We did quick introductions to those on the excursion with us. In all there were 14-16 on the bus. First stop was Viola's on paradise island. We each got a free Viola's sunrise, which was pretty strong for a "freebie". We had 40 minutes there so of course we got a few other drinks. The waitresses were so fun and taught us local dances and made sure we were taken care of. Once we finished there we loaded back on the bus and headed to Margaritaville which was also on Paradise Island. They have a swim up bar and brought us each a free margarita and a shot (nasty shot). We didn't do much here except drink and swim which was fine!! We were all getting along and all had the "party vibe" that we booked the excursion for! Once we finished there we headed to the Fish Fry in Nassau. There we got a blue drink that was DELICIOUS for free. We purchased some lunch there and more drinks. I will say there were a few "shady characters" at that location that if you were not careful would have had you alone which might have led to problems, however our entire group looked out for each other and no one was allowed to be pulled aside for anything! After leaving the fish fry we went to Senor Frog's where we had MORE drinks and played "bar games" like musical chairs, did the wobble, and twerked the day away... lol...... we had so much fun we ALMOST MISSED THE SHIP!!!

Here's my Pro and Con List:

Pro:

(1)The EXACT party I was looking for. (2) We didn't have to maneuver around Nassau alone.

(3) With the exception of the free Margarita from Margaritaville all of the free drinks were delicious, that Margarita was NASTY though.

(4) Met some great people on this excursion! A few we met up with other nights and chatted and just hung out! I really enjoyed this since I am not usually a person who talks to people I don't know! I went out of my comfort zone and had a blast. From the youngest (20) to the oldest (80+) everyone had fun!

(5) Tour guide Arnold was a blast and very informative! He made sure we had fun the whole time!

Con:

(1) if you book through Carnival, they should have a rep at Senor Frogs to MAKE SURE you get to ship on time. Leaving you at Senor Frogs after a day of drinking and being in the sun sets you up to miss the ship!

(2) STOP with auto gratuity everywhere you go!! Each bar built in 18% on each check. I am a HEALTHY tipper, but this just turns me off and leads to less tips than they would have gotten otherwise.

Overall, I would book this again in a second and I would recommend it to anyone who is not uptight and is looking for a great time in the Bahamas!

Disclaimer: I can not be held accountable for any actions that happened on this excursion!!!!

Ha Ha!

I booked this excursion with my party of 6 girls who were travelling for a girls trip. We met in the theater onboard the Liberty at 10:30 for our 11am excursion. Once we had all gathered we went a short walk to the tour bus. Once on the bus, the party started! We did quick introductions to those on the excursion with us. In all there were 14-16 on the bus. First stop was Viola's on paradise island. We each got a free Viola's sunrise, which was pretty strong for a "freebie". We had 40 minutes there so of course we got a few other drinks. The waitresses were so fun and taught us local dances and made sure we were taken care of. Once we finished there we loaded back on the bus and headed to Margaritaville which was also on Paradise Island. They have a swim up bar and brought us each a free margarita and a shot (nasty shot). We didn't do much here except drink and swim which was fine!! We were all getting along and all had the "party vibe" that we booked the excursion for! Once we finished there we headed to the Fish Fry in Nassau. There we got a blue drink that was DELICIOUS for free. We purchased some lunch there and more drinks. I will say there were a few "shady characters" at that location that if you were not careful would have had you alone which might have led to problems, however our entire group looked out for each other and no one was allowed to be pulled aside for anything! After leaving the fish fry we went to Senor Frog's where we had MORE drinks and played "bar games" like musical chairs, did the wobble, and twerked the day away... lol...... we had so much fun we ALMOST MISSED THE SHIP!!!

Here's my Pro and Con List:

Pro:

(1)The EXACT party I was looking for. (2) We didn't have to maneuver around Nassau alone.

(3) With the exception of the free Margarita from Margaritaville all of the free drinks were delicious, that Margarita was NASTY though.

(4) Met some great people on this excursion! A few we met up with other nights and chatted and just hung out! I really enjoyed this since I am not usually a person who talks to people I don't know! I went out of my comfort zone and had a blast. From the youngest (20) to the oldest (80+) everyone had fun!

(5) Tour guide Arnold was a blast and very informative! He made sure we had fun the whole time!

Con:

(1) if you book through Carnival, they should have a rep at Senor Frogs to MAKE SURE you get to ship on time. Leaving you at Senor Frogs after a day of drinking and being in the sun sets you up to miss the ship!

(2) STOP with auto gratuity everywhere you go!! Each bar built in 18% on each check. I am a HEALTHY tipper, but this just turns me off and leads to less tips than they would have gotten otherwise.

Overall, I would book this again in a second and I would recommend it to anyone who is not uptight and is looking for a great time in the Bahamas!

This tour sounds like a lot of fun! It is a Carnival supervised cruise? Is there not a Carnival rep there with you the whole time? Do they provide transportation to and from all these places and then back to the ship?

Hi! Yes it was a carnival sponsored excursion. A private operator comes onboard to pick up the people who booked it through Carnival. They provide small bus transportation to each stop, ending at Senor Frogs. The guide was very clear that his responsibility ended at 3pm when he dropped us at SF's. He was not responsible for getting us back to the ship.

My thoughts are if you are driving people around with the intent to party and get tipsy, at least make sure they get back to the ship on time. Have a bell that rings 20 minutes before ships depart, have a carnival rep with a loudspeaker, have the guide stick around and get people moving, ANYTHING just don't leave them there to wander back on their own. I know people have to be responsible for their own actions and such, but a little courtesy would go a long way! I didn't even get to tip at Senor Frogs because we were in a mad dash to get back to the ship on time. I would totally book this again, but I would make sure I had an alarm set somewhere to alert me when to leave for the ship, because once you are involved with games at Senor Frogs, you aren't thinking about time!!!!!

Yeah that seems a little odd to take you around to all these drinking places, give you free drinks and then leave you to your own devices! Still doesn't sound too bad but if I'm on my own to get back to the ship I may just go on my own to begin with. Thank you for the response!

Surely, the excursion sounds interesting. Some excursions purchased through the ship do end prior to the guests being returned to the ship. But, usually, I believe, this fact is noted in the tour's description. I agree with the OP, it would be in the guests' best interest if some arrangement was made by Carnival to help insure the guests arrive back to the ship on time if, for no other reason, the Captain could determine all guests were aboard and could sail on time with no fear of leaving someone behind.