No snorkeling excursion on Grand Cayman?

joteacher

Hi All,

I'm trying to put together some ideas for shore excursions for our Epic cruise in February. We'd really like to go snorkeling in Grand Cayman. I searched through NCL's excursions, and there doesn't seem to be anything for snorkeling. Several years ago they had one to Cheeseburger Reef that we did, and it was quite enjoyable. Do any of you have suggestions for snorkeling excursions in Grand Cayman, or do you think that maybe some will become available before February?

Thanks,

~Joanne

They had only just finished populating excursions for some of our ports on our December 3 sailing, before our itinerary has to change. So you may see more. Does the total number of excursions seem low?

There are a lot of local operators that do snorkeling as well. You can be independent if you are willing, or wait until you arrive and see who is looking for customers at the dock. Many, however, are charters and want a minimum number. I sometimes look for others in my roll call who want to join up so we can have a personalized day. Look at the site that "advises about trips" for many operators with really good reviews.

Definitely check out the Grand Cayman forums for different snorkeling options that you can book on your own. You will be rewarded with cheaper prices, smaller groups, and more personalized attention. I did Stingray Sailing a few years ago and loved Captain Chip. Our entire group ended up being 10 as opposed to the overbooked crowded ship sponsored excursions.