Appointment time to board ship

kdpatte

I have 100% completed my online check-in. However it will not allow me to schedule my appointment to board the ship. Others on our cruise have already scheduled their times. Yet I do not get a drop down with any times. I called the help desk at Carnival who said they were going to turn it over to their IT group and that it would be fixed by today. Well I just checked and it still isn't fixed. As I type I am on hold for the IT desk. I am wondering if I don't get any resolution with them where to go next.

The time you are choosing is not to board the ship, it is just a check-in time. So you may arrive at the terminal at your selected time, but you may have to wait to board the ship, depending on when you arrive. Just wanted you to keep this in mind so you weren't disappointed.

I hope they get it fixed for you soon. When are you cruising, and what port will you be going out of?

So I have now officially been told 3 different reasons as to why I am having issues.

1. Because my flight arrival time is 2 days prior to our sailing. I was told to remove my arrival information and that issue would go away(it didn't help)

2. It is an IT issue and and they opened a ticket with IT department and would be fixed today(did not happen)

3. Appointment times for our cruise have been closed for a review and will open again soon(have had the issue for over a week now)

I just have no idea what to believe. I would guess if I call again I will be told yet something else.

So I have now officially been told 3 different reasons as to why I am having issues.

1. Because my flight arrival time is 2 days prior to our sailing. I was told to remove my arrival information and that issue would go away(it didn't help)

2. It is an IT issue and and they opened a ticket with IT department and would be fixed today(did not happen)

3. Appointment times for our cruise have been closed for a review and will open again soon(have had the issue for over a week now)

I just have no idea what to believe. I would guess if I call again I will be told yet something else.

Here are other possible other causes...

- Are you using the Carnival transfer program? That bypasses the check-in appointment time as you have no control over when the shuttle arrives.

- Did you book a GTY/TBA cabin rate? Many people since the implementation of staggered check-in have complained that with this type of booking trying to pick an arrival time is disabled.

- Did you book as part of an open group booking, either through friends, family, a TA, or reservation website? Some times to lock-in certain perks or amenities a group booking is made. Again it seems from postings here and at other cruise forums that until the group coordinator does something to finalize the group contract there seems to problems with individual cabins choosing their check-in time or editing other things like bed configuration or switching dining times.

- Could there be a problem with your computer? Last year we had problems choosing our check-in time for the Pride out of Baltimore in September, but didn't stress over it because we are Platinum. About 1 month before the cruise the laptop's keyboard had 3 keys that quit working. Brought the darn thing to get repaired, and as part of the repair service the tech did some sort of scan, made sure all of the add-ons were up to date and installed properly. Well after that no problem with getting the cruise manager to allow a check-in time to be picked. Could of been a coincidence be we think we may of missed a crucial update over the summer when we were not using the laptop as much.

I feel complete empathy for your situation. I'm going through almost the same thing with Carnival as you are regarding evasive answers, being given the run around, told different excuses, and also how "IT is working on the issue"...all the while nothing gets done. And they act bothered when you call back for updates & answers. I understand completely your frustration and hope it gets resolved!

I can't help with your situation, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Carnival really needs to revamp, update and bring their whole computer system into the 21st century. They also need to better train their CSR's.

You do not choose an appointment time to board the ship, you choose a check in time to arrive at the port to begin the check in process. Did you try to print your docs yet? If there is no time listed I don't see how they can deny entrance at whatever time you show up since you have no time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To answer some of the questions. Yes this is for our Breeze cruise in March of 2018 out of Galveston. I know of 2 others that have already scheduled their times. I can find the where you are suppose to pic the time. There are just no drop down options there. I have tried from both my lap top at home and my computer at work. We do not have a GTY room and we are not using any type of transfer to the ship.

For now unless someone has another suggestion I guess I am just going to check back every week or so.

We are on the March 18th sailing on the Breeze, and today I was finally able to select my time. I had been checking the website multiple times a day. Earliest check in time available for me was 11:30. Does anyone know if this is the earliest check in time slot for the Breeze?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival.com, go to manage - my cruise - my booking - details. Check in -- arrival appointment time on the left.
It'll look like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=409650&d=1502127423

Sorry about the rotation, but Cruise Critic requires that images be presented in Landscape orientation.

Thanks WISC MOM......I was able to schedule mine now as well. I am not sure what the normal times are but 1130am was the earliest it offered me as well.

Thanks everyone for the help.

And WISC MOM I look forward to talking to you on the boards and seeing you on the ship!!! I opened our roll call a few months ago but have had very few people join;)