Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

My experience is you cannot depend on Starwood reservations. I can find and send you what I received from Sheraton...on the ground.

If you show up and they deny you accommodation, Starwood reservations probably can't help. I can't take that risk.

Good luck!

VR,

T Lex

Hi Bill,

At this point I don't think anything can upset me. I just booked an airline ticket from Grenada to JFK and then JFK to San Juan today since Liat can't guaranty they'll be flying to San Juan in three weeks.

I called the 787-827-7280 number. I called again tonight because with the airline change we only need the room for one night instead of two. They made the change and again told me they are "awaiting my arrival." While I know I probably shouldn't have done it, I also have a back-up reservation at Coral by the Sea. Reviews are so-so, but if I can tent camp for four days a year (and I hate camping) I can make do with a 2* hotel for a night vs. spending the night in the airport.

My plan is to call the AC Hotel again a week before to double check again.

Ok I'm glad that took care of you. I guess one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

I guess under the circumstances it is understandable.

Here's to everything falling into place for you.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm Flying Halifax -> Toronto -> San Juan Saturday 18th November with west jet.. To catch the Jewel of the seas Nov 19th cruise.

I paid $1600 USD for a balcony suite that can now be had for $700 USD... friggen rip off.

I have a hotel booked but I don't even know what the status of that hotel is(Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel).. and I'm 'stuck' hanging around Puerto Rico from November 26th to December 3rd as the next Westjet flight out is December 3rd.

I have a car rental set up, I was going to head to Rincon and try to find an Airbnb thats safe and has electricity.

This is all a train wreck (Our honeymoon) and we would love to cancel our whole trip but we have too much money invested in it.

:(

$734 now with taxes included. Insane. I'm worried mine in Dec will decrease too. Paid $1030 total for two, got an E2 assigned today. Not sure I ever booked a cruise and paid more than the bottom rate. A few times I did the travel agent came through with a credit.

We are sailing on the Summit, Nov. 18. United has daily flights through EWR, ORD and IAH. Delta, Porter/JetBlue and American have flights scheduled as well. There are significantly more than 3 - 4 flights per week from Canada to San Juan.

Until mid-December, there are only 3 flights per week from Canada. Sure, you can make all manner of connections through the US - and our post-cruise flight is via Philly. All I was pointing out was that there already were limited flights direct from Canada and IMHO here's a risk those might get cancelled too.

I'm Flying Halifax -> Toronto -> San Juan Saturday 18th November with west jet.. To catch the Jewel of the seas Nov 19th cruise.

I paid $1600 USD for a balcony suite that can now be had for $700 USD... friggen rip off.

I have a hotel booked but I don't even know what the status of that hotel is(Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel).. and I'm 'stuck' hanging around Puerto Rico from November 26th to December 3rd as the next Westjet flight out is December 3rd.

I have a car rental set up, I was going to head to Rincon and try to find an Airbnb thats safe and has electricity.

This is all a train wreck (Our honeymoon) and we would love to cancel our whole trip but we have too much money invested in it.

:(

Oh my...I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

We were originally booked on the Dec 3rd Westjet flight from San Juan to Toronto...until a couple months ago when Westjet cancelled that flight! Double check that that is what you booked. Westjet actually never informed me of the cancellation - I have an app that tracks all my future flights and it alerted me to the schedule change.

Westjet does have a flight on Sat Dec 2nd that might work for you....or you could look at options to get a refund from Westjet and book a different airline.

But it's also clear to me how stressed and upset you are with the way things have gone...so I have to ask the question: do you have trip cancellation insurance? Either a separate plan, or maybe via a credit card?

If you do, you may be able to cancel and get some/most/all of your money back and still plan an alternative trip for November. The Government of Canada has an advisory that Canadians should Avoid All Travel to Puerto Rico. As long as that advisory is there (and with recent progress on the island it may get downgraded any day now), most insurance policies will honour it is a covered reason for cancellation.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/puerto-rico

Not sure what you are asking?:confused:

What I think they were asking is if anyone had made it to SJ to cruise on Adventure tomorrow. I'm actually wondering the same. Someone who did that would have to have run through quite the gauntlet, with more potential trouble points to come.

What I think they were asking is if anyone had made it to SJ to cruise on Adventure tomorrow. I'm actually wondering the same. Someone who did that would have to have run through quite the gauntlet, with more potential trouble points to come.

Well, I don't know for sure, but I thought that it was only crewmembers on board for this last run to San Juan.

Well, I don't know for sure, but I thought that it was only crewmembers on board for this last run to San Juan.

I thought they meant had anyone flown in to San Juan to await the ship's arrival

In theory, some could be going today to get on the ship for their extra night. Hopefully everybody is able to get there.

I'll be more interested to hear what happens next week, when there is no ship there on Friday night to act as a hotel.

I'll be more interested to hear what happens next week, when there is no ship there on Friday night to act as a hotel.

That will be interesting. I really hope all goes well. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks. When does the Jewel head back there?

That will be interesting. I really hope all goes well. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks. When does the Jewel head back there?

Nov 19. More people needing flights and hotels. Any word on when carnival fascination returns?

Nov 19. More people needing flights and hotels. Any word on when carnival fascination returns?

I could see that being longer since I was told the OSJ pier took damage to the buildings.

I really hope they can get PR back to some form or normal, we really love our time their earlier this year, and would love to go back some day.

I’m curious if taxis are up and running.

As of right now we have 2 nights at the Marriott Stellaris before our cruise (not until the end of Nov) and I didn’t even think about taxi service.

If taxis are not up by then, you will have much bigger issues. I would be surprised if there weren't a few already.

I am actually going to take a 50% loss and cancel my cruise leaving November 19th(Jewel of the seas), our hotel at Sharaton San Juan is closed and I don't want to deal with finding a hotel before and after the cruise, I also don't want to deal with the increased crime rates, possible power outages, fending for essentials like food and water and whatever else the media is telling us. I served in the navy and I'm just making a judgement call as I know how things can get. Unfortunately I don't have any travel insurance. I'm going to take a 900USD loss + Airfare losses in return for my sanity. Lesson learned.

I contacted Royal numerous times and they basically don't care and can't make any exceptions.

I asked politely if I could get 75% back instead of 50% and they said no.

Kind of ridiculous as they're going to possibly resell my room to someone else and double dip.

I'm going to go have our honeymoon in Orlando (try to stay at a Disney resort or something) instead. RIP bank account lol.

I hope any of you that are travelling in the next month or two.. be careful and let us all know how it goes.

Wishing safe travels and great luck to those sailing AD tomorrow. I hope your transportation and hotel works out for you (if you aren't using RC transport and additional night on ship). Looking forward to your updates when you have internet access. Enjoy your much deserved cruise!

I am actually going to take a 50% loss and cancel my cruise leaving November 19th(Jewel of the seas), our hotel at Sharaton San Juan is closed and I don't want to deal with finding a hotel before and after the cruise, I also don't want to deal with the increased crime rates, possible power outages, fending for essentials like food and water and whatever else the media is telling us. I served in the navy and I'm just making a judgement call as I know how things can get. Unfortunately I don't have any travel insurance. I'm going to take a 900USD loss + Airfare losses in return for my sanity. Lesson learned.

I contacted Royal numerous times and they basically don't care and can't make any exceptions.

Kind of ridiculous as they're going to possibly resell my room to someone else and double dip.

I'm going to go have our honeymoon in Orlando (try to stay at a Disney resort or something) instead. RIP bank account lol.

I hope any of you that are travelling in the next month or two.. be careful and let us all know how it goes.

I don't blame you one bit. Best wishes on your marriage and you have a fun, relaxing honeymoon.

Sometimes your sanity is worth a hit to your pocketbook.

Your trip isn't for over a month. Why not take a wait and see attitude, or do you just need to move on emotionally and plan something else?

Your trip isn't for over a month. Why not take a wait and see attitude, or do you just need to move on emotionally and plan something else?

The longer I wait around.. the more money I lose.. and less of a chance to find another vacation to go on a honeymoon on. Its a gamble but I trust the locals predictions/their local media when they say that things won't be normal until after Jan.

I also have severe anxiety/depression/PTSD and OCD, lol.

Edited by cruiser69420