Amplified Silver Spirit deck plan--with Restaurnat 1 and Restaurant 2

WesW

Shared this information on the Silver refurb thread but thought it may be useful as a stand alone thread.

For your convenience here is the deck plan link:

https://www.silversea.com/content/da...ans_Spirit.pdf

Apparently, no more The Restaurant, deck plan shows a Restaurant 1 and Restaurant 2 (with just images). Pls see image for Restaurant 1 here:

https://www.silversea.com/ships/silv...atlantide.html

Bet Les with your Muse voyage experience you can probably tell us what the names for Restaurant 1 and Restaurant 2 are.

Edited by Host Dan

Edit: Please excuse the replication of some of my thoughts... I'd not taken in that you'd reposted ...

Yes, no prizes for the names.... the web address kinda gives the names away for both restaurant 1 and 2.

Though I'd have been surprised if they were replicating then for the names to be different.

I know Mark has said these changes were taken and implemented through feedback, but anyone else sad that the Spirit is being Musified? I don't just mean the expansion, but mostly the restaurant changes. I love the Muse and restaurant choices.... but there is room for both formats. I appreciate that the restaurant 1 & 2 will be walk in, but with menus differing and not interchangeable, then it's not a one stop fits all solution IMHO. And this is from someone who'd probably vote Indochine as my favourite restaurant on SS.

I suspect the smaller ships will be safe from these "upgrades" unless they've developed a method to cut into quarters! Haha

Edited by les37b

Sixty Eight (68) more passengers and virtually the same exact common areas doesn't seem like such a great proposition for customers. Silversea used to pride themselves on passenger to space ratio, which is one of the things we've liked about it. This seems to cut against that.

The mis-steps seem to continue....

Sixty Eight (68) more passengers and virtually the same exact common areas doesn't seem like such a great proposition for customers. Silversea used to pride themselves on passenger to space ratio, which is one of the things we've liked about it. This seems to cut against that.

The mis-steps seem to continue....

Hi D,

The issue is that SS is on a clearly stated planned trajectory that takes them on a journey from A to B. You and many loved A but that does not guarantee that you and SS share the same vision and hopes, and that you will like B and sadly you and others have no say, you can only lump it or like it,

On the possible plus side, the most likely outcome will be lower diems as the pursuit of the need to attract up from other lines, conflicts with perceived loyalty abandonment, at a time of likely accelerating harder world economies, the pursuit of cost savings in a business with a very highly geared fixed costs model (making the only thing you can easily,control are the valued differentiators) and the downward quality spiral that this inevitable combination of predictable factors often produces.

C'est la bleedin' vie.

Hi D,

The issue is that SS is on a clearly stated planned trajectory that takes them on a journey from A to B. You and many loved A but that does not guarantee that you and SS share the same vision and hopes, and that you will like B and sadly you and others have no say, you can only lump it or like it,

On the possible plus side, the most likely outcome will be lower diems as the pursuit of the need to attract up from other lines, conflicts with perceived loyalty abandonment, at a time of likely accelerating harder world economies, the pursuit of cost savings in a business with a very highly geared fixed costs model (making the only thing you can easily,control are the valued differentiators) and the downward quality spiral that this inevitable combination of predictable factors often produces.

C'est la bleedin' vie.

@UKCruiseJeff

Above all, the quality of service and the experience is tops, and that has really fallen off based on my experience this summer. The experienced staff are spread way too thin and the staff populating the fleet are new, and drawn from lesser cruise lines and they don't seem to grasp what the Silver Sea customer experience should be all about.

It is only going to get harder when the Spirit adds 68 more guests to care for. Frankly, most of the staff on our sail this summer seemed completely flustered trying to handle the passenger compliment at its current size. I mean basic things like taking orders at meals and providing drink service around the pool. In my humble opinion, Silver Sea should be committing massive resources and time towards training the staff in the ways and customers of Silver Sea. They need it. What we experienced this summer was an embarrassment. Absent this, long time and loyal VS members (and probably new passengers too) will be very disappointed going forward.

This is a highly competitive market and good and consistent customer service will win every time.

I would venture to guess that most Silver Sea patrons are used to staying at Four Seasons, Ritz and the like. That is the standard (at least) to which Silver Sea should aspire for all staff.