Is there any way to ASK for a Norwegian Upgrade?

livinginyellow

Hello!

My fiancé and I are getting married on the Norwegian Breakaway in the spring! (less then six months! eek!) I am very excited, but am working on figuring everything out since we are new to NCL (usually a RCL sailer).

My fiancé and I very much want a suite for our wedding cruise (we have ~60 people coming with us, so it'll be nice to get away to the Haven just the two of us, as well as having the room to hang out/meet up in our suite). We are currently booked into a balcony. Is there any way to ASK to bid for an upgrade? We're willing to pay (at least a bit) but we can't afford the whole price (because we're getting married/trying to save some money for a house after we're married).

Thank you in advance!!

Hello!

My fiancé and I are getting married on the Norwegian Breakaway in the spring! (less then six months! eek!) I am very excited, but am working on figuring everything out since we are new to NCL (usually a RCL sailer).

My fiancé and I very much want a suite for our wedding cruise (we have ~60 people coming with us, so it'll be nice to get away to the Haven just the two of us, as well as having the room to hang out/meet up in our suite). We are currently booked into a balcony. Is there any way to ASK to bid for an upgrade? We're willing to pay (at least a bit) but we can't afford the whole price (because we're getting married/trying to save some money for a house after we're married).

Thank you in advance!!

I asked for an upgrade and got it. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone

Just trying to realistic and not a "jerk".

The ship will have lots of people that just got married, are having an anniversary, special trip, etc. They do not just give away upgrades, even though a thousand people onboard will have a reason and desire to get one. That is why they price them higher and now do the upgrade program.

With that said, if you are truly with a group of 60 people, there might be a chance. I did not see how or where you booked this group or if there is already extra stuff you are doing onboard. That MIGHT get you something.

Again, there are easily 1,000 other people that want to get in the haven right along with you.

As to the person that says they just asked and got it - there usually is a bit more than just asking.

Just trying to realistic and not a "jerk".

The ship will have lots of people that just got married, are having an anniversary, special trip, etc. They do not just give away upgrades, even though a thousand people onboard will have a reason and desire to get one. That is why they price them higher and now do the upgrade program.

With that said, if you are truly with a group of 60 people, there might be a chance. I did not see how or where you booked this group or if there is already extra stuff you are doing onboard. That MIGHT get you something.

Again, there are easily 1,000 other people that want to get in the haven right along with you.

As to the person that says they just asked and got it - there usually is a bit more than just asking.

I'm not implying that they are going to give away anything because I am getting married on the ship. I am willing to pay. (that being said - we booked through NCL directly for our 60 people and are actually GETTING married on the Monday of our cruise)

How/Where did you ask?

My travel agent. I asked him to ask NCL. He was told "no" by NCL first 2 times asking, but third time was about 30 days out and they said "yes". The suite was selling for $6000 more than what I'd paid and upgrade bid started at $1500 per person. I paid nothing extra. So, to those who may dissuade one from asking; in my experience, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone

My fiancé and I very much want a suite for our wedding cruise (we have ~60 people coming with us, so it'll be nice to get away to the Haven just the two of us, as well as having the room to hang out/meet up in our suite).

With so many guests and budget considerations, my advice is to get Spa passes (online), get VIBE passes (using priority boarding with a wedding party), and forget about the Haven....for now.

Reasons:

• With 60 guests, the only realistic way to "meet up" would be in a H6. You won't be able to bring 60 guests through the courtyard to "meet up" in a "in the Haven" suite without disturbing others in the Haven. Technically, you can invite non-Haven guests to visit an "in the Haven" suite but it shouldn't be done if it disturbs those in the Haven.
  • You can "get away" from the masses (and your guests :p) with the Spa and VIBE access for much less than the price of a Haven bid/upgrade.
  • A suite will have a higher DSC plus tips for the butler and concierge will be another expense.
  • A "true" Haven experience includes meals in the Haven restaurant and time in the courtyard which your guests won't be able to experience with you. They can't use the courtyard and dining in the Haven restaurant for non-Haven guests has been unsuccessful as of late. The concierge may allow it for 2 guests (with an added cost for them) but it isn't guaranteed.
  • With so much going on, the Haven experience will be wasted. If it was just the two of you, I'd 100% recommend the Haven but with a large group coming along for the ride, it's better to skip the Haven.....unless you can get the 60 guests to chip-in at least $50 each to cover the bid/upgrade. :p

• A "true" Haven experience includes meals in the Haven restaurant and time in the courtyard which your guests won't be able to experience with you. They can't use the courtyard and dining in the Haven restaurant for non-Haven guests has been unsuccessful as of late. The concierge may allow it for 2 guests (with an added cost for them) but it isn't guaranteed.
  • With so much going on, the Haven experience will be wasted. If it was just the two of you, I'd 100% recommend the Haven but with a large group coming along for the ride, it's better to skip the Haven.....unless you can get the 60 guests to chip-in at least $50 each to cover the bid/upgrade. :p

Some good points - in particular is that Haven guests get to use the Haven and their family and friends can not. Folks sometimes run into this when one couple/family member is in the Haven and the others are not. Does not work well.