Harvest Caye

travlin

Just got off phone to ask why some shore excursions prices have doubled. A cabana listed on the web site was listed at 175 now it's 399. Villa was 349 now 699. The rep explained that prices change for example during high season. In October it's high season? And there wouldn't have been a ship there if it hadn't been for the hurricane. Escape is the only ship there. Really makes me not want to book an excursion if we are just getting gouged because of the hurricane.

Then don't book it and I mean that sincerely not in a nasty way. I absolutely would not pay double cause they felt like raising the price. I think they might use dynamic pricing quite a bit but excursions, imo, should be exempt. Although, it is working somewhat in my favor on my upcoming cruise. A snorkeling catamaran thing was $125, logged on to pay a few days later and it's $99. Possibly worth noting, the exact same excursion is on Carnival for $89. Typical NCL pricing stuff.

If you divide the villa by 6, it isn't that expensive to rent them. You have the choice to go and pay or go and not pay, or not go at all, that is the great part of it! I am with the above poster, I am on vacation, and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. We are very blessed that we are even able to cruise.

Based on reports from others who have been to Harvest Caye since June, restrictions have increased (reportedly) regarding food and beverages being carried off the ship.

Do people still carry off drinks/food? I'm sure it happens, but the posts are to provide best, recent, available information that I have found.

The room key being used for payments on the island was eliminated months ago (reportedly June), as it seems there were too many problems connected with that method of payment overall for.

We were on the Escape in Harvest Caye in June. DW and I marched right off the ship with 2 large Yeti tumblers full of Marnier margaritas and a bag cooler full beers we had saved up from District Brewhouse throughout the week. I cracked every one of those beers open in full view of the wait staff and no one paid any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Except...it's not high season. It's just NCL being greedy again.

Harvest Caye is a huge money maker for NCL. Think about it. It's like the other private islands but NCL doesn't have food & beverage costs and it gets a good amount of money from the sales on the island.

I'm surprised NCL hasn't started charging $2 every time you get on/off the ship. Oh wait...let's not give them ideas.

Remember the island isn't owned by NCL so much of the money taken in goes to Belize. What gives me the idea you are not a fan of NCL? :eek:

Remember the island isn't owned by NCL so much of the money taken in goes to Belize. What gives me the idea you are not a fan of NCL? :eek:

This is the reason I will have no problem spending money - we love Belize and would spend money on the island itself if we were not in Harvest Caye.

Harvest Caye is not owned by NCL, it's owned and operated by the Belizian's. NCL pays them rent, that's why the food isn't free and why you can't use your drink packages on the island.

Harvest Caye is actually owned by Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings. But unlike other islands owned by cruise lines, the workers on the islands are not NCL employees, they are actually Belizians, so a portion of profits actually goes back to Belize.