First Time Cruiser - Basic Timing Questions

mrsstreck

It doesn't seem like I can find a schedule for my cruise, Carnival Victory. I'm just curious if there is a better time for dinners? Do the shows overlap the dinner times? Will they do two shows for the different dinner times? We are scheduled for the early dinner, but I'm wondering if we should change that to make it to any of the shows or entertainment?

Also, what time do we normally have to be back on the boat at the stops? Specifically Cozumel. I was thinking about trying to make a dinner reservation somewhere nice in Cozumel. The departure time says 10pm. What time would we have to be back on the boat?

It doesn't seem like I can find a schedule for my cruise, Carnival Victory. I'm just curious if there is a better time for dinners? Do the shows overlap the dinner times? Will they do two shows for the different dinner times? We are scheduled for the early dinner, but I'm wondering if we should change that to make it to any of the shows or entertainment?

Also, what time do we normally have to be back on the boat at the stops? Specifically Cozumel. I was thinking about trying to make a dinner reservation somewhere nice in Cozumel. The departure time says 10pm. What time would we have to be back on the boat?

all guests should be back about 30 minutes prior to departure time.

While you are on the ship, you will hear them refer to "ship time", be sure to have a watch (you phone will most likely automatically go to local time). If the departure is 10pm, I would definitely plan to be back by 9:00pm (that gives you an extra hour if somehow you got held up). As the previous post stated, the ship will leave without you and you sure don't want that!!!

Regarding the shows, we always do the 6pm dinner and catch the show that starts around 8:00-ish. If you do a Google search for "Carnival Fun Times", and look at the images, you can see schedules from previous cruises. (Fun Times is the daily newsletter that Carnival slips under your stateroom door every evening with the next days happenings)

Awesome, thank you everyone! You definitely answered my questions. I almost did the my time option for dining. I probably should have. Is there a way to change it when we go to board? 8:00 just seems so late to eat, but I know we will be on a later schedule than usual anyway. I'm a mom to a toddler who wakes up at 6am, so sleeping in is NEVER an option for me!! I'm so looking forward to some adult time.

We are scheduled for the early dinner, but I'm wondering if we should change that to make it to any of the shows or entertainment?

Also, what time do we normally have to be back on the boat at the stops? Specifically Cozumel.

8:00 just seems so late to eat, but I know we will be on a later schedule than usual anyway.

If you have early seating, it's somewhere around 6 or 6:15. The late seating is at 8:00. If you miss your dining time, there's always the buffet.

From experience at stopping in Cozumel, I would make sure I'm back in line to board at least an hour before sailing time. There has always been a huge line waiting to get back onboard.

Someday I hope to do the late port in Cozumel. There are sooooo many great places to eat that are either only open in the evening or have the best menu and view in the evening! Rolandi's is a favorite and we've never made/needed reservations. Where ever you end up...have fun!

Keep in mind that there are plenty of other dining options on the ship, you don't have to eat in the dining room every night. Also note that you are paying a "tourist tax" on the main street in Cozumel. Prices are substantially cheaper a few blocks away.