Havana Cabin Rules & Info

Toesinthewater728

Hello Friends,

My wife and I (who always cruise with a balcony) will be cruising with another couple who will be going with an interior room. We are trying to decide on Havana Cabin w/ balcony but understand there are restrictions on who can access the Havana pool during the day.

If we have a Havana Cabin are our friends allowed to join us at the pool during the day? If they are not "allowed" is this a rule that is strictly enforced or are they casual about enforcing it (perhaps only kicking out loud/obnoxious people)?

Finally - is everyone allowed at the Havana pool at night?

One more finally - do any Havana cabins over look the ocean or is it interior view only?

If you have Havana Cabin picks please feel free to share.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi-

I have not stayed in a cabin yet, but I have been researching heavily on it-so I can answer a couple of your questions.

As for the Havana balconies there seem to be 2 different types. The ones that are aft of the ship( no swing) and the actual cabana balconies on Deck 5 (swing).

For the pool area- no one without the proper identification showing that they have a Havana Room ( wristbands and possibly room card if asked for proof you are staying in a Havana Room) can access the Havana Pool area before 7pm. After 7pm, all are welcome.

If you google Havana Cabana balconies, there are quite a view you tube videos where you can see the different set ups for the suites, interiors, and a couple different balcony layouts. The ones located on deck 5 are the ones that have the balcony swing. HTH.

When we were on the Vista in Feb, they were very strict about who was allowed to the Havana pool area. There was always someone posted by the entrance. Saw a few people sneak in and they were asked to leave within 5 min or so. They give you stretch wrist bands for access to Havana pool area.

The Havana balcony cabins on deck 5 have a semi private walkway between your balcony and the edge of the ship. There are Havana aft balcony's on deck 6 and I think 7.

Everyone is allowed in Havana pool at night.

Your friends will not be allowed with you at the pool during the day. We had the same scenario in March. Oh well, too bad for them. We paid the premium price for the exclusivity. If everyone brought a friend, it would ruin the atmosphere. It’s nice and uncrowded and should stay that way.

Not only were they checking wristbands, but also the Havana sticker on the back of your card. They were very strict and I was glad to see it.

When my wife and I sailed transatlantic on the Vista last October in a Havana cabin. One of the employees who cleaned the Havana pool area every day was diligent about watching for passengers in the area without the Havana wristbands and politely asking them to leave.

We nicknamed him "The Sheriff".

Hello Friends,

My wife and I (who always cruise with a balcony) will be cruising with another couple who will be going with an interior room. We are trying to decide on Havana Cabin w/ balcony but understand there are restrictions on who can access the Havana pool during the day.

If we have a Havana Cabin are our friends allowed to join us at the pool during the day? If they are not "allowed" is this a rule that is strictly enforced or are they casual about enforcing it (perhaps only kicking out loud/obnoxious people)? I don't know why people ask if they can break the rules but Carnival enforces this policy by checking wrist bands prior to accessing the pool.

Finally - is everyone allowed at the Havana pool at night? After 1900 (7pm).

One more finally - do any Havana cabins over look the ocean or is it interior view only? If you walk 8 ft past the end of your "porch" you will come to the side of the ship and can look over.

Thanks

Answers in red.

Related question: if our friends have a Havana cabin (interior), are we regular-cabin plebes allowed to visit with them during the day?

I guess this amounts to "where is the security checkpoint located in the corridor?"

You can visit their cabin. You cannot enter the pool area. The Havana bar has doors to the left of it and that is where you enter the pool area and it will have a crew member checking ID at that point.

Hello Friends,

If we have a Havana Cabin are our friends allowed to join us at the pool during the day? If they are not "allowed" is this a rule that is strictly enforced or are they casual about enforcing it (perhaps only kicking out loud/obnoxious people)?

One more finally - do any Havana cabins over look the ocean or is it interior view only?

Thanks

Your friends are not allowed until the evening.

• 6 months later...

The Havana Bar is open to everyone all day but you cannot enter the Havana Pool area without having a Havana Cabin. They were very diligent about this and everybody back was happy to see it as we all paid for the experience. People tried to sneak and and were politely asked to leave if they couldn't show they were booked there. After 7:00PM the pool area opened to the public but not many people outside of Havana passengers used it at night...we did see a few people who appeared very proud to have a seat back there but it was not overrun at night. Your friends could join you on your patio if entering thru your cabin but they won't be allowed in the pool area. We had quite a few jealous people checking out the area on the first few evenings (after 7:00pm) but privacy wasn't an issue.

Hello Friends,

Thanks

NO your friends will not be allowed into the area. That is all we need for everyone to bring in there friends.

When we sailed in Havana in Jan, they were checking cards - all around the deck, not just as you walked in. There was only one family with a kid, and several days in, there was a different person working back there, and he made them get out of the pool, get their card and prove the kid was over 12 and in a Havana cabin. We appreciate them enforcing the rules.

Your friends will not be allowed with you at the pool during the day. We had the same scenario in March. Oh well, too bad for them. We paid the premium price for the exclusivity. If everyone brought a friend, it would ruin the atmosphere. It’s nice and uncrowded and should stay that way.

Not only were they checking wristbands, but also the Havana sticker on the back of your card. They were very strict and I was glad to see it.

Thank you, Jesus!:halo:

your friends will not be allowed with you at the pool during the day. we had the same scenario in march. Oh well, too bad for them. We paid the premium price for the exclusivity. if everyone brought a friend, it would ruin the atmosphere. ..... they were very strict and i was glad to see it.

wow! :'):'):').

I guess you are talking about kids the age they must be 12

Looking at the deck plans for the horizon, all of the aft facing balcony's are all HA cabins??? Or am I reading this wrong.

Seems unfair that one can not cruise facing aft with a child under 12.

Looking at the deck plans for the horizon, all of the aft facing balcony's are all HA cabins??? Or am I reading this wrong.

Seems unfair that one can not cruise facing aft with a child under 12.

Two things:

1. Almost all the cabana rooms are for only two people.
  2. The aft area is an exclusive area...for rooms that are designated for only two people...whom are presumably adults...and there's a reason for that. You may love your under 13 year olds, but the rest of us...less so.

Tell you children to enjoy the rest of the ship. There's plenty to do. Not so much at the aft of deck five.

Two things:

2. The aft area is an exclusive area...for rooms that are designated for only two people...whom are presumably adults...and there's a reason for that. You may love your under 13 year olds, but the rest of us...less so.

Tell you children to enjoy the rest of the ship. There's plenty to do. Not so much at the aft of deck five.

Actually, adults with kids under 12 can't even book the Havana Club area so they should be with their kids, somewhere else on the ship (except after 1900 that is). ;)

Two things:

I took this as a simple desire for Carnival to have made some of the Aft Facing Balcony cabins standard balcony cabins not tied to any special areas rather than Havana cabins. Of course on the Horizon there appear to be Aft facing cove balcony cabins in the Family Harbor area, but regardless, if you want an aft facing balcony on the Horizon, you're paying even more of a premium than before.