Navigator - Nov 26, 2005 - What I LOVED about my cruise!

JBoshears

Hi all.

We just got back from our wonderful week aboard the Navigator of the Seas and I wanted to share with you my highlights for the week. No particular order.

1. Graham Seymore. Absolute fabulous CD. Has to be one of the funniest CD's out there. He had me in stitches all week! He got off the ship the same time we did for his two month vacation. He did tell us that the Navigator is now his permanent ship. He did not mention who his replacement is for two months.

2. The QUEST!!!!!! What can you say about this? I have not had the opportunity until last week, and this was the best entertainment all week. If you are a newbie, don't ask any questions, just go to it. You will not be disappointed!

3. Love and Marriage game. Wonderful as usual. Of course Graham had a lot to do with it!

4. Battle of the sexes. I was not sure what we were going to do when we went to this, but I loved it, and of course the women won!!!!! For those who don't know what it is, it is Family Feud, men against women.

5. Karaoke. Some of those people were so bad they were good!

6. Majority Rules game. It was a lot of fun as well.

7. Empty whirlpools during dinner time!!!!

8. We met some of the nicest people we have even met on a cruise.

9. We did not experience any loud/rowdy/rude kids. Just a very rude man one evening!!!

10. Pre-cruise night at the Holiday Inn Port. We were on the 10th floor and we watched the Navigator come into Port at 6:00 am. What a wonderful start to a wonderful week!

11. Just escaping from reality!

Now the not so fun moments.

1. No air conditioning in our cabin until mid-evening (first night). It was broke when we got on, but my cabin steward called immediately, and they got to it as soon as they could. I appreciated his efforts (he called twice).

2. Grand Cayman. There were seven ships in port, and the shops were wall to wall people. It was just not very pleasant. We did swim with the stingrays, and that was awesome!!!!

3. My husband could not go. We found out about a week ahead. It was sad, but I still managed to have a good time!

--------------

We got to the pier at 10:25 am, and we sat for 1 hr waiting for passengers to finish debarking. We were on ship by 11:45 am. We dropped off our bags and did not come back until after 1:00 pm.

I loved the Navigator. She is in perfect condition (imho), and they have so much to do and see, it was impossible to get to everything on my list. She was even decorated for Christmas. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

I can't wait to go again!

Hi JBo....Sounds like you loved her! We've sailed her a couple years ago, and followed her with the Mariner and Serenade...now we're returning to the Navigator for a Spring cruise. We can't wait, and reviews like yours just get me more excited. Thanks for all the positive remarks. What cabin were you in? We're on deck 10 near the elevators which is where we always are....

Hi JBo...we got off Navigator on 11/19. I absolutely fell in love with the Navigator. Service was great. We had no complaints. Already booked her for 11/26/06 we loved it so much.

The one thing we did really enjoy was the singing group, The Coasters (from the fifties) performed one night after dinner.

Thanks for sharing your experience with her! It brought back great memories. I haven't had time to write a review.

Does anyone know if Graham Seymore that was the CD on the Navigator on this cruise the Graham that used to be with Princess Cruises? We were on the Caribbean Princess in 2004 and that name sounds so familiar to me and he was also so funny and a great CD.

Thanks for the highlights! The NOS will always be my favorite ship. I did so much research on all lines, and all ships, before I went in May, but kept coming back to the Navigator, because of it's beauty. It's a shame they are going to move it to the west coast, from what I hear anyway.

I will be on it again in just about 4 months, and may take another cruise on it before it leaves, in 2007. Graham was not on my last cruise, Ken Rush was, so interested in seeing what he is like.

1. Graham Seymore. Absolute fabulous CD. Has to be one of the funniest CD's out there. He had me in stitches all week! He got off the ship the same time we did for his two month vacation. He did tell us that the Navigator is now his permanent ship. He did not mention who his replacement is for two months

Oh sure...build us up and then tell us he's not going to be there when we go!!! ;)

We sail on the NOS on December 31st and I really appreciated reading your post and am looking forward to it even more now! Thank you!

My husband & I were on the NOS last week as well, best cruise of my 9 RCCL cruises yet, we are planning to do Eastern Caribbean next December 2, 2006.

The only complaint, we had a chain smoker in our room before our cruise. The navigator is suppose to be a non-smoking ship except for designated public outside areas, but our friends (great friends) switched with us and the cabin stewart changed bed sheets and everything to get smoke out of the cabin. Our cabin steward said it was tough for her to go into their cabin because they were like chimneys. She had try to free the room of smoke but that is just impossible. Our friends slept with the balcony open all night just to get rid of the smell.

Will not do a cruise without a balcony again. Try to go to cruise critic party but could not locate the lounge where it was. I never got to a lot of places (dungeon, chapel, crown viking) on this ship, wish I had been a back to back like 700 of the other passengers.

Even though Cayman was crowded it was awesome to watch them take that ship out with all the other ships there. They had to stop to allow some late comers back to the ship. We had 2 or 3 tenders pull up after 4:15 and we were suppose to leave at 4:00. I have only experienced that one other time, on the Majesty of the Seas when the Captain actually backed the ship up in Mexico to pick up late comers. This was 1999 when a freak snow storm hit Kentucky in March and the Majesty couldn't leave Miami because we had 12 planes delayed. He had open bar (free) until 8:00 when those poor people finally got on board. Not being a drinker it didn't matter to me but you should have seen the people run to the bars. Then in Mexico when those 12 people missed the boat, he backed that ship right up to pick them up. His general announcement went something like, we don't want these folks vacation ruined just because they lost track of time, do we? He was pretty cool.

Each RCCL ship I get on just gets better and better. The only thing I wish is they would have designated non-smoking rooms for those people that have a severe allergy to it, as my husband does.

This was a great ship and I look forward to next December doing the Eastern Carribean. Hope to see you there.:)

To those that board Saturday, let us know how this Cruise Director is and what his name is. The Christmas decorations are beautiful.

I was on the NOS in October and I agree 100% about Graham....to this day, I miss him and laugh hysterically when I think about his "Be very afraid" Morning shows....although the NOS is a magnificient ship..when someone mentions RCCL...Graham is the first thing I think of and mention to someone! He's priceless...(can you tell I'm a fan?) :rolleyes:

If this is the same Graham that was on the Caribbean Princess in 2004, he was so funny! It was our first cruise and we all really enjoyed his shows in the morning and would watch the reruns if we could later in the day! He was so entertaining! It will be hard for us to laugh that hard again at a CD!

JBoshears- we were on the 11/19 sailing of NOS and had a GREAT time. Glad you enjoyed it too!! Did you have the BUH BYE guy at the Windjammer?

Check out my list (see signature) of things I liked about our cruise!

LOL, we loved him!! He started your day off perfect!! Goooooooooddd Mooooooooorrrrrnnnnnnneeee........every day! LOL..... Somewhere I have a picture of him....he was perfect for that job...

Yeah, the buh bye guy was on the Navigator last week. I looked forward to him every day. At the farewell show when everyone was exiting his voice came on and said "buh bye". He was great!

The Navigator is such a beautiful ship, and I can't wait to get on again! It was a perfect cruise!

-------------

Someone asked earlier in the post what room we had, and we were in 7638. Port side, mid-aft, balcony. We were 10 cabins from the elevators. Great location.

I hope someone reports back who the temporary CD is for two months. By the way, where is Ken Rush? That is who I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised! Graham's morning show was a riot!

My husband & I were on the NOS last week as well, best cruise of my 9 RCCL cruises yet, we are planning to do Eastern Caribbean next December 2, 2006.

The only complaint, we had a chain smoker in our room before our cruise. The navigator is suppose to be a non-smoking ship except for designated public outside areas, but our friends (great friends) switched with us and the cabin stewart changed bed sheets and everything to get smoke out of the cabin. Our cabin steward said it was tough for her to go into their cabin because they were like chimneys. She had try to free the room of smoke but that is just impossible. Our friends slept with the balcony open all night just to get rid of the smell.

Will not do a cruise without a balcony again. Try to go to cruise critic party but could not locate the lounge where it was. I never got to a lot of places (dungeon, chapel, crown viking) on this ship, wish I had been a back to back like 700 of the other passengers.

Even though Cayman was crowded it was awesome to watch them take that ship out with all the other ships there. They had to stop to allow some late comers back to the ship. We had 2 or 3 tenders pull up after 4:15 and we were suppose to leave at 4:00. I have only experienced that one other time, on the Majesty of the Seas when the Captain actually backed the ship up in Mexico to pick up late comers. This was 1999 when a freak snow storm hit Kentucky in March and the Majesty couldn't leave Miami because we had 12 planes delayed. He had open bar (free) until 8:00 when those poor people finally got on board. Not being a drinker it didn't matter to me but you should have seen the people run to the bars. Then in Mexico when those 12 people missed the boat, he backed that ship right up to pick them up. His general announcement went something like, we don't want these folks vacation ruined just because they lost track of time, do we? He was pretty cool.

Each RCCL ship I get on just gets better and better. The only thing I wish is they would have designated non-smoking rooms for those people that have a severe allergy to it, as my husband does.

This was a great ship and I look forward to next December doing the Eastern Carribean. Hope to see you there.:)

To those that board Saturday, let us know how this Cruise Director is and what his name is. The Christmas decorations are beautiful.

This is the first I've heard of this....you are allowed to smoke in your cabins and in certain parts of public areas inside

I am a non-smoker and don't like it either...just try to avoid the smoke

This is the same Graham Seymour that worked for Princess a long time

Just got back from the 12/03 sailing of the Navigator. This was my second time on the ship. Overall it was a great cruise with the exception of a group that was on the ship. This was also one of the oldest crowds that I have ever experienced on a cruise ship. Not sure if I would rather deal with kids for a week or the older groups!!!!

While booking another cruise yesterday with the Loyalty Ambassador, I found out that RCI is going to start changing out the mattresses on all ships. The Freedom will be the first ship to get the upgraded mattresses. She was not sure of the schedule for the rest of the fleet.

She also told me that the Navigator was not going to the west coast. She stated that the bean counters at RCI have determined that a ship the size of the Navigator would not be profitable for year round sailing on the west coast. I guess we shall see if that is true. This person has been with RCI for twelve years and will be bringing the Freedom out next year so I trust her information.

What does changing out of the mattresses mean?

I enjoy the older group compared to the kids because I have been on some cruises where the kids were uncontrollable, throwing plates at people and smashing fries on the steps so people would slip and fall. Give me a mature group anytime. I go on vacation to relax, not be tormented by someones' uncontrolled child. Most the children on the November 26,- December 3 cruise were great, you didn't know there were 298 kids on board. On the Grandeur in May, there were 7 kids that all the passengers wanted to toss overboard by the end of the cruise. Not once, did you see a parent.

What does changing out of the mattresses mean?

I enjoy the older group compared to the kids because I have been on some cruises where the kids were uncontrollable, throwing plates at people and smashing fries on the steps so people would slip and fall. Give me a mature group anytime. I go on vacation to relax, not be tormented by someones' uncontrolled child. Most the children on the November 26,- December 3 cruise were great, you didn't know there were 298 kids on board. On the Grandeur in May, there were 7 kids that all the passengers wanted to toss overboard by the end of the cruise. Not once, did you see a parent.

They are going to start an upgrade of the bedding on the ships meaning a better mattress.

I don't have a problem with the older group except when they do nothing but complain. I see you are going on the Navigator next December 2nd to the eastern Caribbean. This same group of Mah Jonng players will be back on the ship for the third straight year. The crew hates to see them come aboard. You'll see what I mean!!!!!!;)

Archived