Re-routed as well....Best Beach For Us?

dtripli

Hi All

We were originally booked on an Eastern Carribbean and like everyone else have been switched. We will be sailing the end of October into November. It will be me, my husband and our 9 year old son. We are looking for a nice beach with plenty of amenities (food, drink, water sports ie. wave runner, jet ski rentals etc) maybe some music and fun....but not a huge party drinking crown as we will be with our little guy. Please let me know how I can book with your suggestions as well as the best way to get there from port...any advice is greatly appreciated.:D

My vote is paradise beach. We were there 3 days in a row in September and we all like chankanbb (the manatees were fantastic) but for an economical day paradise beach was amazing. Playa Mia, was well not as good for our family. The water toys are sooo far out we were exhausted by the time we got there and they were too old for the kids area. We all enjoyed paradise beach much more and the price was much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

My vote is paradise beach. We were there 3 days in a row in September and we all like chankanbb (the manatees were fantastic) but for an economical day paradise beach was amazing. Playa Mia, was well not as good for our family. The water toys are sooo far out we were exhausted by the time we got there and they were too old for the kids area. We all enjoyed paradise beach much more and the price was much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I just checked out the Chankanbb website and it looks really cool. Is it far from the pier? Did you go on your own or plan an excursion? There doesn't seem to be a price list for the activities on their page...any idea how I can get one? Also was there a beach there as well to just relax? What are some things you did there? I'd appreciate any information you can share. :D

I just checked out the Chankanbb website and it looks really cool. Is it far from the pier? Did you go on your own or plan an excursion? There doesn't seem to be a price list for the activities on their page...any idea how I can get one? Also was there a beach there as well to just relax? What are some things you did there? I'd appreciate any information you can share. :D

I contacted chankanaab and asked about the prices. Here is what he said:

-Snorkel gear $15 unlimited time (this is not a guide)

-kayaks $30 for 30 min

-SNUBA $60

-sea trek $80

I also emailed xtrem park about prices separate from package with admission to park. here is their response:

-Zip line 6 lines: $60 usd per person. This circuit starts in one point T1 pass over the lagoon, then to the canopy area and then goes back to the same beggining point.

-zipline 7lines, 2 suspended crocodile bridges and tubbing slide track. This circuit starts in our main tower T1, passing over the lagoon twice, waive crocodiles from air in our crocodile bridges and the funiest way to go back in groun is in our tubbin slide on a dry track at the very end of the park. Price per person $85 usd.

-Mayan Laser Tag: $45 usd per person, includes 1 hr game. For this, we require minimum of 4 persons.

As for the dolphins/manatees/sea lions you have to contact dolphindiscovery (just add a .com at the end. )

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I contacted chankanaab and asked about the prices. Here is what he said:

-Snorkel gear $15 unlimited time (this is not a guide)

-kayaks $30 for 30 min

-SNUBA $60

-sea trek $80

I also emailed xtrem park about prices separate from package with admission to park. here is their response:

-Zip line 6 lines: $60 usd per person. This circuit starts in one point T1 pass over the lagoon, then to the canopy area and then goes back to the same beggining point.

-zipline 7lines, 2 suspended crocodile bridges and tubbing slide track. This circuit starts in our main tower T1, passing over the lagoon twice, waive crocodiles from air in our crocodile bridges and the funiest way to go back in groun is in our tubbin slide on a dry track at the very end of the park. Price per person $85 usd.

-Mayan Laser Tag: $45 usd per person, includes 1 hr game. For this, we require minimum of 4 persons.

As for the dolphins/manatees/sea lions you have to contact dolphindiscovery (just add a .com at the end. )

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definetly does...thanks so much! One more question...do you happen to know how long it takes from the cruise pier to get there? Do people just taxi over?

I have been to Mr. Sanchos and Chanakaab...both we just took a taxi over from the pier and it took 15-20 min? But there is another port in Cozumel that is closer to downtown and farther away from the beaches. I don't remember the name, but it was a longer drive.

I have been to Mr. Sanchos and Chanakaab...both we just took a taxi over from the pier and it took 15-20 min? But there is another port in Cozumel that is closer to downtown and farther away from the beaches. I don't remember the name, but it was a longer drive.

thank you