Hollywood FL,Ramada Hotel Advice

Berliner

:) Hi fellow Cruiser,

want stay 2 more Days past-cruise

found these:

Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=13027&brandInfo=RA

101 NORTH OCEAN DRIVE Hollywood, FL 33019 or

Ramada Inn Pompano Beach

Fort Lauderdale Area: Ft Lauderdale Beaches

1350 SOUTH OCEAN BLVD

Pompano Beach, FL 33062

anyone recently stayed there and can give advice if its clean and acceptable,i'm not picky about dated or so just clean....

thanks for your help

I'd pass on those, they're both old and tired. The one in Hollywood is ancient and has been everything from various hotels to a Bible College over the years. The one in Pompano Beach is used in a notorious time share selling scheme that you want to avoid at all cost.

The only good thing about this property is the rumor going around that its going to be gutted and converted to condo's. Take a pass on the hotel but don't pass up the opportunity to stay on Hollywood Beach. ;)

Hi Bequia,

I know we love Hollywood, there's a little i think Argentine Steakplace with an outstanding Pesto in "Downtown"Hollywood .In one of the Streets of the Traffic Circle,and the little french Bakery,if its still there.

the first Time we stayed in one Place across a Firehouse i think Ambassador shortly before they closed.they had a great pool area at the Water Canal.

To bad that they close one after another and putting these Condo Towers in there.(unless you own one)

Berliner,

Check and see if the Greenbriar Beach Club http://www.greenbriarbc.com/ has availability. Its a nice mom and pop hotel directly on the beach. It's clean, most units have kitchenettes and it's in a safe area.

My favorite is the Sea Downs, Tides and Bougainvilla in Hollywood Beach. They usually book only long term vacation rentals but you may get lucky if they have a single night available. All three hotels are owned by the same family. Here's their link: http://www.seadowns.com/

The only good thing about this property is the rumor going around that its going to be gutted and converted to condo's. Take a pass on the hotel but don't pass up the opportunity to stay on Hollywood Beach. ;)

I knew it wouldn't stay an oceanfront dump for too long. It is too prime of a piece of real estate for someone to not come in and turn it into million dollar condos.

Archived