Unbelievable caribbean prices

bogofman

I suspect that cruise in being discounted due to the uncertainty of whether it will depart from San Juan or not. From the reports we are hearing, Puerto Rico suffered significant damage in the recent hurricane, and it is going to take a long time before they are ready for tourists again.

Booking from the UK, what would happen if Celebrity changed the departure port?

Reading the terms and conditions I see I could get a refund as I assume it is a major change, but assuming I booked flights separately I would be responsible for change fees (or more likely booking a new flight)? Anyone have any experience of this?

Cruises out of Puerto Rico to islands hit by recent hurricanes are heavily discounted probably because people canceled or rescheduled. It is unlikely that they will visit all the ports according to the schedule provided or that some activities on the islands may not be available due to the recovery effort. If you are willing to have your vacation impacted by infrastructure issues, especially Puerto Rico possibly not having adequate hotels and resources, you can get a cheap cruise.

Meanwhile western caribbean cruises are just as expensive as normal. I suspect many people are favoring itineraries going to Mexico/Grand Cayman/Jamaica who have been unaffected by recent hurricanes.

Let me share, we had a cruise booked in September and we booked our own flights, week 1 was cancelled but not week 2. We had to convince the airline to change our flight and picked up the cost of hotels, food etc for a week. Others that booked flight inclusive were flown to a resort for a week covered by the cruise line. I'd suggest if you book, do flight inclusive. We're about £2000 out of pocket even with travel insurance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums