Cruise pricing and changes

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at several holiday cruises. In the past, we have booked in the spring and are considering cruising again this year during the holidays.

Currently, 2 rooms of 2 for a 7 night holiday cruise are around $4,500 and an 8 night is around $5,300.

I've never booked a a cruise after final payment is due, therefore having to make a payment in full. The ships I've been looking at still have a bunch of availability.

Since it's past final payment and no one can cancel and rebook at a lower rate and given substantial availability for sailings less than three months away, how likely is it that prices will drop? Do the above prices for a 7 or 8 night cruise sounds like a lot? Based on anyone's experience in the past, both based on prices that I'm currently seeing and availability close to sailing following final payment dates with less than 90 days out, how likely is it that prices may either increase or decrease.

Thank you very much.

Sorry, referring to Christmas sailing.

Anthem 8 night - 1 inside and 1 oceanview or $4,950.

Grandeur 12 night - $6,200

Allure 7 night - $4,600

NCL Breakway 7 night - $4,200

Since there's substantial availability on the above ships and less than 90 days out I am wondering if there's a chance it may decrease over the next few weeks rather than increase had they been more full.

IDK if the $4950 on the Anthem includes fees, but I see it at $5,300 through my TA all in (with $300 cash card back)

I wouldn't think fares would ever go up after final payment since they're looking to fill up the ship, but maybe Christmas cruises are different

I'm actually booked on the Anthem 8 night. 2 balcony cabins (D7). Booked on board Allure in April. We did this same exact sailing in 2015 (D6) and my pricing was under $1100/pp before taxes. All in, with gratuities, each cabin was about $2660. Now my mom is D+ so we had a bit of a discount on that cabin; my boys, who are D, were about $25 more.

So, compare that to my current booking. On board booking, the cruise fare alone $1491. We got $150 OBC for each cabin. Just before final, they dropped the non-refundable cost to $1330/pp. We were going to make final anyway, so the non-refundable issue was moot. Given that I had not sailed in 2 years, after deducting the $75/pp OBC, the net increase in cruise fare was about $168/pp (so $86 per year).

I decided that this was an acceptable increase for a 2 year gap. But this gives you some sort of benchmark for pricing. It's interesting to note that for our 2015 cruise, I booked it in July and might have had an adjustment but it was definitely before final payment.

I hope this helps you in deciding if Anthem is priced appropriately for you.