Anthem - repeat cruise

Hi,

We went on a cruise last year for the holidays and are debating going again (if the price comes down, still too expensive at $5,300 for 8 nights for 4 people in 2 rooms of 2).

We've never cruised on the same ship and always try to change it up for a new design and new shows. With that being said, Anthem is our favorite ship.

I know the three shows - we will rock you, spectras and the gift will be the same. Name that tune will be the same as will the 70s and Rock parties in Music Hall.

Also, one of the fly on acts, Finnis Henderson, will be the same as last year. While he was great, we were hoping we'd at least find some new forms of entertainment through the fly on acts.

We did hear that the tribute band will be Britan's Finest (Beatles Tribute). The dance band will be Royal Suite (disappointed Synergy won't be the dance band as they were awesome, never heard of this band). Comedians will be Duane Landry and Mike Marino and there will be a juggler named Adam Kario (so 1 new band, 1 new tribute band, 2 new comedians and a juggler).

For anyone who has sailed on the Anthem of the Seas twice, what did you think? Did you have as good of a time the second time as the first? I hear even the dining menus might be the same.

We're also looking at the NCL Breakaway but have heard that ship is not great during the winter due to the lack of indoor space. We also hear there are only 2 shows on that ship plus second city comedy but no fly on acts and don't love the idea of the lack of a schedule with everyone doing everything.

If anyone has been on the Anthem twice, what did you think? Thank you very much.

We have our 4th cruise booked on Anthem. We don't mind seeing shows again! In fact, there are some acts I am looking forward to seeing again. There is something comforting about the familiar. Our enjoyment doesn't waver - we are just happy to be on the ship..

We are going on Anthem for the fourth time Dec 14th and we are looking forward to it as much now, as the first time we went. The ship is amazing, how could you not enjoy your time on it. We have sailed many ships over and over and over, and you never have the same experiences, every cruise is different. Depends how you look at it. If you go thinking your not going to enjoy yourself as you have already done it, then I would not book it again, as chances are you will just compare things, and feel you already saw the show, why see it again. We love Anthem shows, and we go every time. The show may be named the same, but the singer and dancers could be different from the first show you saw, so then its not exactly the same. We love the ship for Wonderland and Jamie Oliver's. Maybe if you did not do specialty dining last time, that could be something new to try. We have no problem with booking the same ship more then once. Some ships we have been on seven - eight times, and would not think twice of booking again if the timing was right for our vacation and it was the ship going to where we wanted to go.

Edited by csaeroach

Oh and I forgot you mentioned NCL Breakaway, although another nice ship, I don't feel it compare's to Anthem. It is pretty hard to beat the Quantum Class ships. If you have never sailed NCL before and want to try another line it may be a good option for you, but being on both ships in the past, I would definitely pick Anthem but it does all come down to personal choice and which ship you feel is a better suit for your families vacation.

We have done anthem twice, different itineraries.We actuality did different things since we were with the kids and other family the second time.Try something new! Love that the anthem has great indoor space unlike the breakaway.As for the shows we only went to see spectro the second time around sat in different seats and the show was better the second time which made us regret not seeing the other shows. Relaxes its vacation.

Have cruised on both multiple times but not at holiday times. Anthem is slightly closer to home (NJ) and newer. We LOVE this ship. It's just plain beautiful in every way. Spectra did seem slightly different earlier this month than last time I saw it. Slightly. We finally saw the entire We Will Rock You and while I don't care for the storyline, the performers were outstanding. Comedians change as do other performers onboard. The trivia games change, as do their hosts and participants. I do wish they'd change up GroovyTown as I'm bored of the songs and the performances by now. I'm sure I'll be going on Anthem again. I think the shows are contracted for five years, but I also look forward to them changing in the future.

Breakaway. I have not been on since everything seems to have become a la carte thanks to their new CEO -- almost but not quite 2 years ago was my last cruise on it I think. Still, it is a very nice ship although yes, public spaces are a bit odd -- indoors anyway. Waterslides! BTW NCL Escape is coming here next year which I plan to check out. A new Carnival ship is coming to NY too for a short time though it is very pricey. I like a variety too, and although I was one who used to say why go on it again with all the options that are out there. . . sometimes convenience has won out and I've cruised the same ship 2x or more.

Thanks! Anyone else have experience on repeat Anthem cruises? Especially repeat Anthem holiday cruises.

I sailed Anthem in January 2016 and January 2017, both were 12 nights. I enjoyed the second sailing much more than the first. Enjoyed WWRY more the second time, did not bother to see the gift again.I found the service and food to be much improved. Did not find any brown mash potatoes as were served on the first cruise.:D