Thoughts on the Conquest

NOSaints1

It is a good ship still and I believe going into dry dock to get a make over

Carnival Conquest

Previous Dry-Dock: 2012 Year of Next Scheduled Dry-Dock: 2017

Notes: The Carnival Conquest will be sent to dry-dock 9/30/17 - 10/13/17, according to GoCCL. The Carnival Conquest is currently scheduled to receive the Serenity Adults Only Retreat during its dry-dock,

LOVE the Conquest. One of our favorite ships. Be back on here in 2 weeks on her maiden voyage after dry dock.

Currently, dining options are MDR, Buffet, American BBQ (Upstairs in MDR - a lot of people miss this one!), Seafood Shack (Extra $), Sushi (Extra $), Deli, Guys Burgers, Pizza Pirate, Blue Iguana (I think that is the name) Made to order fresh tacos, burritos, etc.

Word is that in two weeks when she comes out of dry dock she will have Serenity Deck.

Doing a 6 night than a 8 night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you would enjoy the ship. I find the size nice. Not too big with too many people and not too small. Layout is nice and by adding Serenity during this dry dock she will be all spruced up.

Loved when they added the Guy's burgers and the fresh Mexican taco/burrito bar, these are big hits on the ship. The Seafood Shack is at an added cost, but it is not ridiculously stupid or anything, pretty reasonable. The 2nd to the last time we were on her my husband pointed out the Sushi window, I was so excited! They used to have a little kiosk on the main promenade where you could get sushi a couple nights. I LOVE their California Rolls... so when this went away I was disappointed. So seeing it brought back in a different venue was great. It is very well done as well and again reasonable. A large Roll which is enough for lunch by itself is like $5. Oh, I forgot to mention too the taste bar. This is on the promenade too and several times during your cruise they will have little sample tasting of different items, it is a nice little stop off before dinner. Oh and of course there is always the Steakhouse if you want to partake and pay for that, and also the Chef's table which is a huge long muti course dinner limited to just a handful of people, but again at a cost.

It's a great ship. About to head in to dry dock. I was on the Conquest at the beginning of August and she was in great shape then. Although one of our three rooms had a bathroom flooding incident- I choose to believe it was operator error rather than the ship's fault.

We chose it because it was the least expensive option between the cruises we were looking at (variety of cruise lines). We traveled in a big group and some of the other members of our traveling party were skeptical of Carnival. They were happily impressed with the experience.

I've spent about a month on the Conquest, and the only negative is the embarkation process on my last 2 cruises was seriously delayed - I didn't get on board until 1:30PM the last time and I'm Diamond, one of the 1st to board.

Carnival blamed guests delaying their departure from the previous cruise - I could see them getting on the disembarkation elevator from where I was sitting in the "priority" lounge.

On my April cruise, the aft pool and hot tubs were allowing kids, but that changed back to adults only by the time I cruised it in June.

Layout wise, it has just about the same deck design as its sister ships, Freedom, Valor, Glory and Liberty.

Is there something called the sports bar onboard? Does it also serve food? I thought I read somewhere that it is a late night option for food.

Thank you!

Yep there is a sports bar, I don't think they serve food though. Maybe a little hot pretzel thing on the counter if I remember, but I don't think "food"

I've spent about a month on the Conquest, and the only negative is the embarkation process on my last 2 cruises was seriously delayed - I didn't get on board until 1:30PM the last time and I'm Diamond, one of the 1st to board.

Carnival blamed guests delaying their departure from the previous cruise - I could see them getting on the disembarkation elevator from where I was sitting in the "priority" lounge.

On my April cruise, the aft pool and hot tubs were allowing kids, but that changed back to adults only by the time I cruised it in June.

Layout wise, it has just about the same deck design as its sister ships, Freedom, Valor, Glory and Liberty.

Aft pool and hot tubs allowing the kids has been an issue on a lot of ships according to posts on this board. I have seen posts that they were starting to allow kids in all the pools, and then it has been tracking back to people saying that there were back to adult only. If Conquest gets here Serenity deck then no kids to worry about ;p

We are on here in two weeks when she comes out of dry dock for the first sailing and can't wait.

Thinking of the Conquest and haven’t been on it since 2005 so what’s new on it does it have a serenity deck; overall appearance of the ship, dining options and overall is it still a good ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on here in late 2006, early 2007 and 2009. Between 7 and 9 she got the big screen and we found the whole experience much less personal. BLOOD-POWER is long gone [emoji27].

At this point we avoid the Conquest class in general, the spirit class still has a more intimate feeling, and the Dream Class has Cove Balconies and an open stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there something called the sports bar onboard? Does it also serve food? I thought I read somewhere that it is a late night option for food.

Thank you!

When we were on Conquest last year and the year before, the Pizza Pirate location expanded their late-night menu to include lasagna and an additional entree/sandwich each night. If they still do this, it will be called "Pizza Pirate Plus" on the menu and run from about 11pm - 1am.

Aft pool and hot tubs allowing the kids has been an issue on a lot of ships according to posts on this board. I have seen posts that they were starting to allow kids in all the pools, and then it has been tracking back to people saying that there were back to adult only. If Conquest gets here Serenity deck then no kids to worry about ;p

We are on here in two weeks when she comes out of dry dock for the first sailing and can't wait.

Indeed, it's a hot topic. At the Captain's Diamond Party, we asked the Captain of the Conquest about it and both he and the Hotel Director admitted the decision to allow kids was a big miscalculation and that they reversed their position back to adults only.

In chatting with the Captain, we also compared our Italian Grandmothers and the food they made from scratch, but that would be off topic.

Would they add hot tubs to the Serenity Deck area?

At Cruisemapper, they have deck plans of the Conquest with the serenity deck. If this is what in fact gets done, it looks like two hot tubs for Serenity on deck 14 forward. The bar and a second level are on deck 12 starboard.