What to do in Miami until flight?

travlin

I posted this on the Florida board and didn’t get a response. Any suggestions about what to do after cruise in Miami until my 6pm flight? I can’t find a company that will pick me up and give a Miami tour. I haven’t been to Miami before.

There are always day tour companies waiting outside the terminal. they generally do a tour of Miami then drop you at the airport. Mine was ok but just know, the busses do NOT leave until they feel like it and/or they are full. I sat on a bus for about 90 minutes and all they kept saying is "We're leaving in 5 minutes..." So that is annoying.

Alternatively, last year, instead of doing that nonsense, I simply went over to MIA, rented a car for the day for less than $50 and did my own thing--drove to a nice restaurant, hit up South Beach etc. Gave me somewhere to put my luggage, the freedom to be on my own schedule and a ride back to the airport when I was ready. For less than $50. Car had a gps with points of interest too so we were good.

I vote for B.

Good Luck!

I would take a taxi to the Holiday Inn POM right on Biscayne Blvd and store your luggage with them. Right across the street is The Bayside Marketplace which has lots of restaurants, shops, parks and even the Island Queen Cruises which would could take a nice cruise around the area to see the sights. I'd call HI to be sure they still do the luggage storage.

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.7780563,-80.1829395,17z

Book a day room at a hotel close to the airport. They gave us a bedroom and we had the use of it for the whole day. We were also able to use the pool and loungers and got free transportation to the airport when we were ready. The price was very reasonable for the 3 of us.

My DH and I had a late flight out of Miami after a cruise once and we rented a car from a place very close to the pier. We got off the ship early and was one of the first in line. We noticed it got busy; so if you decide to do this, be sure to make a reservation. Then we just drove around the city. We ended up stumbling across a botanic garden that was having a huge flower festival. It was something we hadn't planned to do, but it ended up being so fun exploring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did a HOHO bus tour - booked through NCL. We were picked up as we exited the ship, taken to a location near the Bayside Marketplace where our luggage was stored for the day. Then on to the HOHO. Gave us a good overview of Miami. Once we were done the tour, we had a late lunch, then went to pick up our luggage and take the free shuttle to FLL. Worked well for us; we had an 8pm flight.