RCI Labadee Excursions

dividedsky

Hans anyone done the sport fishing excursion? I booked it for the ”menfolk” in our group, but it is quite pricey (I paid almost 250 per person for 5 ppl!) so I’m starting to have second thoughts. Would love to hear if anyone either went on one, or saw the boats, there isn’t any info I can find on wether water/snacks are provided, how many people on one boat etc.

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Discover Haiti Coastal Cruise in May this year (me 35, and my first time cruiser mother --let's say 60+ ;) ) it was a nice, low-key tour. No aggressive marketing, just drinks for purchase aboard. Short enough that we could do beach/lunch after. Crew were fun and informative, even with a slight malfunction. I enjoy the cultural tours vs others and this one was a positive and scenic.

We are thinking about this excursion in March. I have some mobility issues and can't walk for a great distance. Where do you catch the boat in relation to where our ship is docked. How much (if any) walking is required during the excursion?

Ray

We are thinking about this excursion in March. I have some mobility issues and can't walk for a great distance. Where do you catch the boat in relation to where our ship is docked. How much (if any) walking is required during the excursion?

Ray

The boat departs from the "Buccaneer's Bay" area (the first left after the pier and is very close to the dock.) The only walking we did was to board the boat (there was a ramp down to the dock and I believe there was a ramp to the boat from the dock-- although I'm not 100%.)

Does anyone know if the Zip line is just a 1 ride only purchase or can you ride it as much as you want for the fee?

The zip line is one ride per ticket. The Dragon Coaster, on the other hand, does offer both one ride tickets and day-long tickets with unlimited rides.

Though most who try the zip line really enjoy it, my son and his wife prefer the Dragon Coaster because it is slower, it lasts much longer than the zipline ride and you have more time to enjoy the fabulous views.

The boat departs from the "Buccaneer's Bay" area (the first left after the pier and is very close to the dock.) The only walking we did was to board the boat (there was a ramp down to the dock and I believe there was a ramp to the boat from the dock-- although I'm not 100%.)

Thanks so much for the info...

Thank you for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We did Amiga Island last year and we loved it. Its just a small little island that takes about 15 minutes to walk all the way around, but they only allow about 20 people go per visit, so it like having your own private island with 19 of your 'closest friends' that got stranded with you from sailing on the SS Minnow.

Our group liked it so much, that we booked it again for next cruise.

The only issue that we had was, last year it wasn't very 'modern' when it came to bathrooms, there was just an outhouse - not a brand new port-a-potty, but they had just an old wood built shack. I think they were building a new structure when we were there, so I don't know if the bathroom situation has been addressed.

we did Amiga Island last year as well. It was awesome.

Thoroughly recommend it :)