New to Carnival

TexasHikers

We will be sailing for the first time on Carnival -- the Freedom -- February 10 out of Galveston for 7 days.

This cruise goes to Cozumel, Cancun, Jamaica (not in that order).

Can anyone who has taken this cruise tell me when the Elegant nights will be on a 7 day cruise? Also, we will be on board on Valentine's Day. Will the main dining room have something special on that night?

This will be our first time on a large ship -- we normally sail on Holland America because of the size of their ships and their itineraries. We are excited to see what it is like on a ship with a lot of people -- hopefully more fun things to do.

Thanks in advance.

We will be sailing for the first time on Carnival -- the Freedom -- February 10 out of Galveston for 7 days.

Can anyone who has taken this cruise tell me when the Elegant nights will be on a 7 day cruise? Also, we will be on board on Valentine's Day. Will the main dining room have something special on that night?

This will be our first time on a large ship -- we normally sail on Holland America because of the size of their ships and their itineraries. We are excited to see what it is like on a ship with a lot of people -- hopefully more fun things to do.

Thanks in advance.

You will actually be going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Cruise elegant evenings are normally the first full sea day and the second to last day; however, these can sometimes be moved due to holidays or port schedules.

I'm not sure which HAL ships you have been on, but the Freedom is a Conquest-class ship which would be considered by most to be a mid-sized ship along with the Destiny class (with Fantasy class the smallest and the Vista class the largest).

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-freedom.aspx?CID=PSearch_A_G_&SE=Google&KW=carnival_freedom&CM=CCL_CCS_EN_US_Search_Isolate_BKWS_Cruise_Ships_Exact&AG=Carnival_Freedom&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrsWr3dbS1gIVD57ACh2BAQfFEAAYASAAEgInRvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks, everyone. And Grand Cayman is correct.

We look forward to sailing with Carnival.

We zip lined in Jamaica and my Wife and her friend snorkeled off 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman. Both were highlights.

Enjoy your trip !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks in advance.

Not a good time to sail out of Galveston due to dense fog most days.

Not a good time to sail out of Galveston due to dense fog most days.

There can be, yes. Hopefully you will get to stay an extra day onboard!

It doesn't happen everyday though, so there is only a chance. This year was pretty bad, a few times ships were delayed. If you are flying in or out, or have a hotel room be sure to have a back up olan, just in case. We live in the area and drove down for a cruise on the freedom and the ship was delayed four hours. It lifted and rolled back in before we could get on and sail away. We held muster drill anyway, and the captain said we would leave when we coould. We left at 2am, and had a blast! You will too!!

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I think you'll enjoy the different atmosphere on the Liberty. Usually the ship will be decorated for Valentine's Day and have a few special items in the dining room. Here's our album from a cruise in 2011--please feel free to skip till pictures of Valentine's Day -- #130 through 135. Just click on "2011 February cruise" below. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

2011 February cruise