Cancel or no-show

skeptic_l

A bit of a strange situation;

I've organised a group booking on an upcoming cruise.

One cabin was a family of 3; a couple + a 2yo.

The couple has now fallen pregnant and won't be coming.

I have another couple (no child) willing to take their place.

Our particular fare allows name changes as long as at least one original passenger remains on the booking, otherwise it requires a new booking which at the current price is about $600 more.

So, my question; can I replace the Adults, leave the child as the "original passenger" and then have the child no-show?

I hope that makes sense.

TIA

I don't think it makes any difference. The first two pax in the room, regardless of age, PAY the same amount.

I have a similar situation in that I have a first pax not going, ES rate (I will no show him).. 1st 2 pax are paying abt 700 pp, 3rd pax 400, 4th 170-ish (rounding numbers)...

If I cancel ANY pax, the refund will only be the 4th pax rate of 170, which would go to the person not going and we would lose the 100 on board credit. Since I paid for the cruise, I would rather have the 100 obc and 90 port tax refunded to my daughter in the cabin instead of losing 100 for the ex to get a future cruise credit of 75% of 170.

Just because he is listed as pax 2 at a rate of 700 ish doesn't mean anything.

So, you should be able to use any pax as the no show pax, and if you can only use one of the first two as original (likely), doesn't make any difference.

I think (an opinion) that if Carnival gets full knowledge of the situation they'll charge the "new" couple the extra amount and not be very happy about the intentional deceit.:rolleyes:

Their fare allows this kind of change. No intentional deceit. They simply have to pay more than they would have if they could book it as they prefer, with one new couple. It's to Carnival's advantage not to refund in entirety and keep the 3rd passenger fare.