Chef's table newbie...

nasellemom1

Hi all, we will be cruising Miracle in late April. I really want to do the Chefs table, but I'm kind of confused as to how this works. On my Carnival site I requested the Chefs table for 2, and then was told I would be notified. So....do they only do this once during the cruise or multiple times, just because I requested it, does that mean I don't get it.....I'm totally confused and any insight would be helpful. Also, is it worth the price? TIA!!!

Your e-mail should state you have reserved spaces and will be notified of the date and time after boarding.

Most ships schedule only one per sailing. You will receive a letter in your stateroom notifying you of time/date.

If you drop by the Steakhouse on embarkation day they can generally tell you which night.

It's a total evening of amazing food with a couple of surprises. Enjoy!

Edited by bury me at sea
typo

Hi all, we will be cruising Miracle in late April. I really want to do the Chefs table, but I'm kind of confused as to how this works. On my Carnival site I requested the Chefs table for 2, and then was told I would be notified. So....do they only do this once during the cruise or multiple times, just because I requested it, does that mean I don't get it.....I'm totally confused and any insight would be helpful. Also, is it worth the price? TIA!!!

If you weren't confirmed, you may be on a waiting list. There is usually only one per cruise and the CT is generally no more than 12 people. If there is enough demand, they have been known to add another one on another night. It is absolutely worth it.

If you received the response as you've indicated, you'll be notified on the ship of the details. Depending on number of requests and the size of the ship, there may be more than one seating (or none at all). If you requested and there are enough to hold at least one seating, there will be an "invitation" waiting for you in your cabin.

The "is it worth it" question is totally subjective. The overwhelming opinion (including my own) is "yes". It's an interesting dining experience and you have to be open to non-traditional ingredients prepared in a non-traditional way. This isn't Olive Garden or Chilis.

Those who disliked it (and one brave soul at my table once was visibly uncomfortable with what was placed in front of them with each course) were not prepared and left disappointed.

Just got off the Dream and did the Chefs Table.

Emailed Carnival and got a confirmation email back that I have a reservation.

Once on board. I asked when it was, was told when my booking was.

For those who say there is only one night???? On our cruise the HEAD chef confirmed during our dinner there were FOUR nights of Chefs table.

It's incredible, yummy, entertaining. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

The Miracle can hold 16 at its Chef Table. They will hold several if the have the need to do so.

It is held in Frankenstein’s Disco. Frankie looms over the table in our picture. Do not plan on sharing anything, they use, what must be 4’wide tables and you sit across from your partner.

The Miracle can hold 16 at its Chef Table. They will hold several if the have the need to do so.

It is held in Frankenstein’s Disco. Frankie looms over the table in our picture. Do not plan on sharing anything, they use, what must be 4’wide tables and you sit across from your partner.

Really? We did Chef’s Table on the Miracle a year and a half ago and got to sit next to our partners. In fact we’ve done 3 Chef’s Tables on 3 different ships and have always sat next to one another. My SO would miss out on a lot of my extra food if we didn’t sit next to each other lol. I’m always stuffed by the end.

Really? We did Chef’s Table on the Miracle a year and a half ago and got to sit next to our partners. In fact we’ve done 3 Chef’s Tables on 3 different ships and have always sat next to one another. My SO would miss out on a lot of my extra food if we didn’t sit next to each other lol. I’m always stuffed by the end.

That’s great to hear that they changed the seating arrangements.

This is what I received when we requested reservations. Is it similar to what you received?

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!

The date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

The $75 charge per person, plus 15% gratuity will be automatically added to your sail and sign account.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at shsupper@carnival.com

There will be a $25 fee for cancellations made within 24 hours of your scheduled Chef’s Table.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager ,

This is what I received when we requested reservations. Is it similar to what you received?

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!

The date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

The $75 charge per person, plus 15% gratuity will be automatically added to your sail and sign account.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at shsupper@carnival.com

There will be a $25 fee for cancellations made within 24 hours of your scheduled Chef’s Table.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager ,

Lucky you...we were $95! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry a bit ignorant to chefs table. My husband wants to do the behind the scenes type tour. Is that what this is?
Chef's Table and Behind the Fun are two completely different experiences. The Chef's Table is a dinner with appetizers in the galley followed by a sit-down dinner of about 6 courses. Behind the Fun is a morning tour of places on the ship that generally are off limits - the engine control room and the bridge are highlights.

We went to Chef's Table in July on our Pride cruise to Bermuda. There were three scheduled on our cruise; we were fortunate to have ours scheduled for the second sea day. The others were scheduled while we were in port in Bermuda, and we had other plans for those evenings. For those who ask "Is it worth it?" my answer is that I wouldn't do it every cruise, but yes, it's worth it as long as you're open to trying some food you might not have thought of trying before.

Is it worth it? If you're a meat and potatoes person and don't like unusual food, its absolutely not for you. If you're a foodie who likes trying new and unusual dishes, you will love it. One thing I was confused on the first time I did it was the menu. You're served everything on the menu and more. Pace yourself.