Smuggling Booze

seppy55

what's the best way to smuggle booze aboard my ship? I was thinking putting it in water bottles. Should I even bother doing that? And is it best to put it in my luggage or my carry on?

i don't usually reply with enough is enough and I know we have new readers on the board all the time, but this subject has been beaten into the ground. If you want to try bottles fine, or put a small amount in your luggage. If it goes through fine, if not OH WELL. Best advise "order the bar set up" Pay the $40.00. If you must try to sneak booze on please don't flaut it and pay for drinks by the pool etc. Consuming in your room is one thing, taking your drinks from your room to the public areas is quite another. NMnita

i don't usually reply with enough is enough and I know we have new readers on the board all the time, but this subject has been beaten into the ground. If you want to try bottles fine, or put a small amount in your luggage. If it goes through fine, if not OH WELL. Best advise "order the bar set up" Pay the $40.00. If you must try to sneak booze on please don't flaut it and pay for drinks by the pool etc. Consuming in your room is one thing, taking your drinks from your room to the public areas is quite another. NMnita

$40 sounds like Princess prices. More like $58 on NCL for JW Black.

Having said that, all of my smuggled booze made it fine, too. ;)

We managed to sneak about 7 cans of beer in our checked luggage on the Pride of America in Sept. It was leftovers from our pre-cruise hotel stay so if it were to be taken away, I didn't much care cause. I was going to leave it in the room for the maids to get sauced on anyways. I guess when you don't care it will work and vice versa. I'm all for sneaking, we got some hard liqour onboard at some of the ports aswell, they don't check to hard.

My experience in NY on 11/20 was that the people running the scanners for the carry-ons were Port Authority/TSA types not cruiseline folk. We took on 5 sixpacks of soda [we prefer diet Pepsi products with Splenda] in a rolling cooler which they didn't even open---could have been beer for all they knew--or cared. I had a bottle of champagne in my carryon and again no one said a thing. We did have a couple of bottles of wine in our dive bag and it was too large to carry on so we had to check it, and got caught and sent to the "bad-boy/girl" room on 12. We paid a corkage fee and took it back to our room. My Mount Gay rum---which I was sure NCL didn't have in their bar---came on with me in a mouthwash bottle.

The bar prices for liters of Bombay Sapphire and other premium liquors are much higher on NCL than Princess, so I chose to "forego" ordering a bar set up and being further ripped off.

Got that NCL - please remind those running the scanners to look for this. :p

They never read these threads :rolleyes:

As you can see Shoreguy was being sarcastic........it always amazes me that people don`t realize they are giving away "secrets" and that the cruise lines read these boards.

Call me a skeptic:rolleyes: but sometimes I think that the cruise lines put these posts (using a shill) on to find out new ways that pax smuggle.

Check it out.........new poster;)

As you can see Shoreguy was being sarcastic........it always amazes me that people don`t realize they are giving away "secrets" and that the cruise lines read these boards.

Call me a skeptic:rolleyes: but sometimes I think that the cruise lines put these posts (using a shill) on to find out new ways that pax smuggle.

Check it out.........new poster;)

Do you think cruise lines are that devious???:confused: your probally right....

My wife & I came up with a good solution. We had a baby. Now we save one of his empty bottles of premixed formula, rinse it out & fill it with tequila for the cruise. I figure if the security guy starts looking closely, I'll just pinch the back of the baby's leg to make him start crying. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets you through a line faster than a crying baby.

Yeah, I know I have diapers to buy, and college tuition will be in my future, but I still figure the bar tab savings will EASILY cover all that minor stuff. :D

My wife & I came up with a good solution. We had a baby. Now we save one of his empty bottles of premixed formula, rinse it out & fill it with tequila for the cruise. I figure if the security guy starts looking closely, I'll just pinch the back of the baby's leg to make him start crying. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets you through a line faster than a crying baby.

Yeah, I know I have diapers to buy, and college tuition will be in my future, but I still figure the bar tab savings will EASILY cover all that minor stuff. :D

Just be careful you don't use the wrong premixed formula bottle in the haze of tequila. :D Pinching the baby's leg after that will not get the desired result. :D :D

;)

Oh No, we've ruined it, now they are on to us! Relax, bottom line is sometimes they check tightly and other times they don't. Nobodies giving away anything cause this has been going on for a long time. Stop being amazed.

A bottle of wine or champagne if celebrating something (how about a cruise) is ok to bring on but not to buy at a port and bring on. Hey it is my birthday while we are sailing so the wine is legit. No alcohol it says other than that which I guess we know by now.

Archived