Another Hotel Question - Please indulge me!

amallison

We're sailing on the Getaway from Miami in June with some friends. I have Marriott points that I'm going to use for our pre-cruise stay and I've narrowed it down to 4 options and I'm looking for opinions of those who have stayed at the properties and can tell me which you prefer.

Our options are Hotel Beaux Arts (top floors of the JW Marriott Marquis), JW Marriott Marquis Miami, JW Marriott Miami, & the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay.

We've never been to Miami and haven't stayed in any of these hotels but I've read reviews until I'm blue in the face and cannot decide which one to stay at.

Any opinions?

If you have enough points for the top option (I assume your list is in descending order of points required) and are willing to use them I say just go for it.

While the property is more than adequate the location of the Marriott Biscayne Bay is not as desirable as the other two.

The JW Marriott on Brickell Ave is closer to a wider rage of restaurants and shops than the Marquis.

But the Marquis will give you commanding views of Downtown and the Port, especially if you splurge for the Beaux Arts floors.

So if the points difference between "premium" (JW Marriott on Brickell) or "luxury" (Marquis or Beaux Arts) is acceptable to you, spend them and don't look back.

If you have enough points for the top option (I assume your list is in descending order of points required) and are willing to use them I say just go for it.

While the property is more than adequate the location of the Marriott Biscayne Bay is not as desirable as the other two.

The JW Marriott on Brickell Ave is closer to a wider rage of restaurants and shops than the Marquis.

But the Marquis will give you commanding views of Downtown and the Port, especially if you splurge for the Beaux Arts floors.

So if the points difference between "premium" (JW Marriott on Brickell) or "luxury" (Marquis or Beaux Arts) is acceptable to you, spend them and don't look back.

Surprisingly, it's only a 5,000 point difference between the JW on Brickell and the Marquis or Beaux Arts. The Marquis and Beaux Arts charge a $20 fee per day but that's not really a big deal.