Coffee card.

I have booked symphony of the seas for next year. I don't drink alcohol so was looking at the coffee card. It's a one off payment of £30 (including tax) for 15 coffees. Does anyone know how much a coffee is,this will work out at about $2.60 per cup. Thanks.

Be careful with the coffee card. According to Royal Caribbean it's supposed to be 1 punch per shot of espresso. So a medium size latte would count as two punches since two shots of espresso. Not all ships are doing this though. Some are still one punch per drink irrespective of size. Best to wait until you onboard and find out. Also it should be cheaper onboard ship ($31US - can't remember if that includes the 18% or not).

It depends on the ship. I usually get a medium sized coffee, which is two shots of expresso maybe? Well, I ask for only 1/2 shot of expresso regardless of the size of coffee.....Grandeur punches two spots...even though I was only receiving the 1/2 shot...but Navigator only punched one spot. Then I figured out that two small coffees are larger than one medium...so that's what I'd get. Sure, I was using two punches, but was also getting two coffees.

I have booked symphony of the seas for next year. I don't drink alcohol so was looking at the coffee card. It's a one off payment of £30 (including tax) for 15 coffees. Does anyone know how much a coffee is,this will work out at about $2.60 per cup. Thanks.

My suggestion:

Since the cost is the same whether purchased before your cruise or onboard the ship, wait until after you board. Ask at the coffee shop which pricing scheme they are using. Then decide.

:)

Ummm. Well the Coffee on board is $4.75 - $5.75. As far as what the others are saying about the punch card.... well I would not accept that. I bought the card, and had no problem and all I order is large. Even if they would have tried two punches, I would not have argued, I would have just purchased up to the 15 drinks once the card was gone, and received a refund when I got home. The terms and conditions of the card at time of purchase states:

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price."

DW and I bought one on our Liberty sailing last month. We both drank cafe mochas and were able to get the medium cups for one punch. It worked out great for us and we will do it again on the Navigator if they still have it next March.

Ummm. Well the Coffee on board is $4.75 - $5.75. As far as what the others are saying about the punch card.... well I would not accept that. I bought the card, and had no problem and all I order is large. Even if they would have tried two punches, I would not have argued, I would have just purchased up to the 15 drinks once the card was gone, and received a refund when I got home. The terms and conditions of the card at time of purchase states:

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price."

That's what my terms and conditions were as well, but on Grandeur...it was only 7.5 coffees if I wanted a medium or larger size. How would you obtain 15 coffees if they punched two purchases every time? Good luck with getting anything after you're off the ship. I think the best chance is to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador or officer in charge of the Cafe-Lattitude before getting off the ship. Of course, the Navigator only punched one purchase per coffee....different ships, different rules...for some reason. :confused:

That's what my terms and conditions were as well, but on Grandeur...it was only 7.5 coffees if I wanted a medium or larger size. How would you obtain 15 coffees if they punched two purchases every time? Good luck with getting anything after you're off the ship. I think the best chance is to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador or officer in charge of the Cafe-Lattitude before getting off the ship. Of course, the Navigator only punched one purchase per coffee....different ships, different rules...for some reason. :confused:

What I mean was... I would buy 15 total and once home have them process a refund. In my years with RCI I found it easier to deal with then after I return home, as I will not stand in the lines at guest relations, unless I caused a problem.

Also I guess if I ever purchase it again, I will print the terms and conditions and bring it with me. Either way.. I will get 15 drinks included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums