Posting "Celebrity Secrets" Backlash

jasm8449

Comment to DrewB. I have gone on Carnival within the last year. The experience would rank as one of the least enjoyable cruises (out of 18) that we have ever taken. The food was no better than average, service was just OK, the demographic of the pax was somewhat below what a mature slightly over the hill couple would normally associate with, and most aggrevating of all was Carnivals refusal to rein in the out of control kids all over the ship.

Sorry, my friend, the best thing I can say about Carnival is that I will not ever go on one of their ships again.

Oh yeah, why did we go? I was intended as a family reunion that many could afford from a port that was convenient. Thankfully, not many came, so I did not have to apologize too much.

I'm sorry to hear that. It was not my experience on a 7-day Carnival Cruise at all (the 3-day cruise I took with them was more of a "booze cruise" atmosphere, but that's to be expected on a weekend cruise). I found the food to be EXCELLENT, and many of the dishes were better than their corrolating dishes on Celebrity (particularly the cold soups). The service was warm and wonderful, and I had the nicest cabin steward I'd ever had. There were certainly more kids than on Celebrity, but most of the time, they were in the kid areas and not running amok. There were a number of teens, and I was actually IMPRESSED by how civilized and well-behaved they were. I guess I'll have to cruise both lines a lot more to make sure that my experience on each wasn't a fluke...:D

* I'm 37 and single, so perhaps that goes to why I might like Carnival more, but I am NOT wild and I am NOT a "party animal" and I barely drink at all, so I don't fit the Carnival stereotype by any means..

Comment to DrewB. I have gone on Carnival within the last year. The experience would rank as one of the least enjoyable cruises (out of 18) that we have ever taken. The food was no better than average, service was just OK, the demographic of the pax was somewhat below what a mature slightly over the hill couple would normally associate with, and most aggrevating of all was Carnivals refusal to rein in the out of control kids all over the ship.

Sorry, my friend, the best thing I can say about Carnival is that I will not ever go on one of their ships again.

Oh yeah, why did we go? I was intended as a family reunion that many could afford from a port that was convenient. Thankfully, not many came, so I did not have to apologize too much.

Archived