Using OBC For Shore Excursions Pre-Cruise

RadioPeri

Hi all, trying to book an excursion or two before we cruise, and want to use our OBC to do so.

I'm on the booking page and have indicated I want to use our credit, but it's still asking me for credit card info.

Does anyone know if this is just to guarantee things? I want to avoid the hassle of my card being charged and then having to cancel the charge, etc., but I would like to get a couple of things booked in advance in ports where we don't have many other options.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Okay, I figured it out. There are NO instructions how to do this on the page, so for anyone else who might be wondering:

There's a little dot underneath the option to use your onboard credit. Apparently, you have to slide the dot over to cover the amount of money for the excursion, and then hit the button to apply the credit. At that point, the credit card info fields go away and the OBC is accepted for payment.

Hope that's helpful for anyone else who might have been as frustrated as I was.

I also tried to book an excursion and had a devil of a time. Why is the web-site so obscure? I accidentally figured it out, but it was not easy. A small explanation would have been very helpful. The IT people need to get someone not familiar with computers to test drive their pages. People complain about the web-site all the time, and I can see why.

It was helpful, thank you. I'm going to use shipboard credit too, but I was putting it off because I just didn't want to get aggravated. Was a printable receipt provided?

They emailed me a printable confirmation of the excursion and the amount of credit used. Also, when I log in now, it shows the excursions included with my cruise info, as well as how much OBC I have left.