Formal night attire on RCL vs Celebrity...What to wear

We were just on Allure 2 weeks ago and formal night attire was pretty casual. Majority had dress shirt and dress pants or polo and dress pants.

We only saw a few men with jackets. There were some in nice jeans and a polo and even a few in shorts and a polo.

Definitely the most casual of formal night attire we had seen yet. I am comfortable with dress pants and dress shirt. The only thing that seemed really out of place was a guy in shorts and a t-shirt.

On our last celebrity cruise it was a complete mix or tux and non tux, no one looked out of place. For us this change was good as we've never enjoyed getting dressed up (Think only our first cruise we dressed) we usually opt for the Buffett on formal night but our last cruise we didn't feel out of place and dh wore trousers and a shirt and I wore a dress.

Most definitely can wear anything to the theatre, quite often dh would go put shorts on in the evening.

i've never understood why royal caribbean (and other cruise lines) won't compromise on formal nights. Many of the ships have multi-level dining rooms. On formal nights, why can't they designate one or two levels for formal and the remainder for casual? It could be a booking question and they would know exactly how many levels they would need for what. This way, everyone could peacefully enjoy their vacation. Has royal caribbean ever done a passenger poll to find out what their customers actually prefer?

fabulous idea. Sure hope the cruise lines are listening!

We actually like Celebrity’s move to Chic night. For us we see it as a good compromise. If folks want to dress up formally they certainly can. But those that don’t want to dress formally don’t have to. Shirt and slacks (...and flip-flops) are all I need.

Since we don’t do formal. We’ve always booked our specialty restaurant dining nights on formal nights to avoid making the tux wearers feel bad. [emoji15]

Cheers

Tom

My tux wearing man never feels bad in fact he is quite proud that he is dressed in formal wear. I think the shorts wearers feel bad that he is Hotter looking!!!:'););p